Metallic Coated Steels
News and Articles
Magnelis® at the centre of ArcelorMittal Fos-sur-Mer’s first solar farm20 February 2018
ArcelorMittal Méditerranée recently inaugurated a photovoltaic farm on its site of Fos-sur-Mer, realised in partnership with EDF Energies Nouvelles. This solar farm of 15 hectares has a capacity of 12 MWc, equal to the annual electricity consumption of 7,400 citizens, half of the town of Fos-sur-Mer. Profil du Futur, a division of ArcelorMittal Construction, was in charge of the structure’s construction and used Magnelis®,a lead product of ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products for solar projects.Project News
Dubai’s massive solar project gets Magnelis® protection15 November 2017
The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park in Dubai (UAE) is the world's largest single-site renewable-energy project. The latest section of the Park to come onstream uses structural steels protected with Magnelis®, ArcelorMittal’s innovative breakthrough in corrosion protection. Thanks to its unique composition, Magnelis® will provide the solar structure with an unprecedented level of surface and cut-edge protection, even in this hostile desert environment.Project News
Magnelis® PV frame by Hanwha Q CELLS wins 2017 Intersolar award10 August 2017
A new steel mounting system developed by Hanwha Q CELLS has won a 2017 Intersolar innovation award. The revolutionary design replaces traditional aluminium frames which support the photovoltaic (PV) modules on a solar mounting rack. By utilising ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products’ breakthrough Magnelis® coating, Hanwha Q CELLS have significantly reduced the carbon footprint and cost of PV installations.Product News
Russian grain industry gets Magnelis® protection23 March 2017
The SKESS Corporation is one of Russia’s leading suppliers of grain silos and grain processing equipment. The company recently started to use Magnelis® coated steel from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products for elements of its silos and related products. Magnelis® is an ideal corrosion protection solution for grain silos as it is compatible with food applications and very easy to process.Product News
Magnelis® is a flat carbon steel coated on both sides with a zinc-aluminium-magnesium alloy*
- Excellent corrosion resistance - at least 3 times better than galvanised steel in external applications
- Complete edge protection thanks to the self-healing properties of Magnelis® on cut edges
- Outstanding resistance in harsh environments (maritime, chloride, and ammonia atmospheres)
- More cost-effective than batch galvanised steels due to simple manufacturing
- Reduced maintenance costs compared to post painting
The excellent corrosion resistance properties of Magnelis® have been accredited with a Preliminary Technical Evaluation of Material (ETPM) by CSTB (Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment) and certified by a number of other external bodies, among them SP (Science Partner) and DIBT (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik).
* This alloy is composed of 93.5% zinc, 3.5% aluminium, and 3% magnesium.
Best in Class
Magnelis® Think Strategy
An innovative metallic coating that offers protection in the harshest environments
Magnelis® can be used in numerous applications:
- Construction: for a wide range of structural applications: sub-structures of ventilated facades, composite floors, purlins for roofs, side rails for walls, rainwater systems, and light steel framing
- Appliances and electrical equipment such as cable trays
- Agriculture & farming: animal housing, silos, greenhouse structures
- Industrial applications
- Infrastructure: safety barriers, lighting poles, road signs, acoustic walls, bridge parapets, etc.
- Solar structures
Magnelis® comes with up to 25-year guarantees for ZM310 depending on the environments and applications.
Magnelis® - Choose protection against long-term wear and tear
Projects with Magnelis®