ArcelorMittal’s Cofrastra composite floor deck family consists of Cofrastra® 40 and Cofrastra® 70:
Cofrastra® 40: With a profile thickness of 1.00 mm and a weight of 13.33 daN/m, maximum spans of up to 2.8 m without intermediary supports and up to 5.0 m with intermediary supports can be achieved. Cofrastra® reduces the slab weight by 20% in comparison to a traditional prefabricated concrete floor slab.
Cofrastra® 70: With a profile thickness of 0.88 mm and its low weight (12.02 daN/m2) Corfastra® 70 allows spans of up to 3.9 m without intermediary supports and up to 6.5 m with intermediary supports. A 30% weight reduction can be achieved in comparison to a traditional prefabricated concrete floor slab.
News and Articles
New ECB Premises with Composite Steel Deck by ArcelorMittal18 May 2012
On the site of Frankfurt’s whole sale Market the European Central Bank is building its new headquarters: For the balconies and connecting platforms Cofrastra steel deck by ArcelorMittal Germany is used.Product News
ArcelorMittal Steel for Bahria Icon Tower in Pakistan28 November 2012
The construction of the highest skyscraper in Pakistan’s largest city Karachi was started in 2010 and it is scheduled to be finished in 2014: with 260 m height and 62 floors it will be a new icon in Karachi’s skyline. ArcelorMittal provides sections, decking – and their expertise in steel construction!Project News
Cofra5: Designing Composite Floors Made Easy8 May 2012
Arval, the ArcelorMittal brand specialised in innovative steel solutions for façades, roofs and, in particular, composite floors, is pleased to announce the release of Cofra5.Product News
Best in Class
ArcelorMittal’s Cofrastra® 40 and Cofrastra® 70 composite flooring decks are characterised by their special dove-tail rib shapes that optimise composite action with concrete to allow heavy loads at medium spans.
Suspended ceilings and technical equipment can be easily installed thanks to the Cofrafix clip system, which can be introduced manually into the steel profile ribs avoiding noisy drilling.
The web-based design tool Cofra5 is free of charge and offers assistance in the calculation of ArcelorMittal’s composite flooring solutions.
• Cofrastra® acts as a horizontal wind brace and contributes to the stability of the entire building.
• The dove-tail rib shape ensures perfect connection with the concrete.
• The specifically developed Cofrafix clip system can be introduced manually in the ribs and ensures quick, easy, and flexible installation of technical equipment and suspended ceilings.
• It is a safe working platform before concrete pouring.
• Due to its low weight, substantial savings can be achieved in construction weight, time, and cost.
• Fire resistance of 30 minutes without additional reinforcement.
• The reinforcement of the floor deck often makes further span reinforcement unnecessary.
• Manual installation - no cranes are necessary on site.
• Easy handling and quick installation guarantee the flexibility required in renovation works.
• Cofrastra® 70 can be made of pre-painted steel.
• The use of composite floor systems allows for irregular shapes, curves, and special floor openings.