At ArcelorMittal, we are able to provide best in class solutions for iron works, depending on the final use and application:
- Metallic Coated steels, such as Aluzinc® or Magnelis®, could be used as perforated metal sheets for balconies or sun screen.
- Indaten® weathering steel, used as raw sheets or laser cuts are also suitable for sun shades, canopies, or interior decoration.
- Complete range of cassettes and sidings, bent and perforated, such as Mascaret®, could also serve to manage light and solar protection in buildings.
- Floor plates, with the specific S235 DIAMOND form, are popular for stairs.
- Our distribution network, present almost everywhere in Europe, is able to provide relevant quantities of steel products within short delivery time.
In modern architecture, like in the past, steel ironworks are a key element of construction design and aesthetics.
We are at your service in order to ensure that the beauty of steel is visible in every detail.
What would „Art Nouveau” be without the ornamental, sophisticated and contorted balconies? Which material makes it possible to place stairs in a space that gives them the illusion of flying?
MoreSolutions by Application
Iron works is a generic word to describe multiple applications of metals and steels in construction, either new or for renovation.
Iron works, made of iron, cast iron and steels, have always contributed to elegant architecture, being the key symbol of architectural periods such as ”Art nouveau” at the beginning of the 20th century. From stairs and balconies as a traditional element of external and internal architecture, to the more recent development of building atria and sunshades, they improve thermal comfort and energy efficiency.
Just take a look at these projects:
- Headquarters of Official Association of Architects of Asturias - The new second floor is distributed as an open-plan, which was optimized by concentrating the vertical core of communications and installations, and illuminated from above at a central point, around an opening. The use of steel is what achieved phenomenal lightness and elegance in this prearranged space.
- A new roof structure, functional yet aesthetic, protects the Roman ruins in El Molinete archaeological park in Cartagena, south-east Spain. Its lightness and transparency was obtained due to perforated steel sheets for the envelope of the tubular roof structure. Perforated steel with wave pattern, such as Mascaret©, can be used for solar protection on roofs, as well as façades. Its custom-made perforations filter the daylight and create visual dynamics depending on the time of the day, weather conditions and seasons. Magnelis ®, in Solar energy generation, is applied as structures for photovoltaic plants.