For decades, ArcelorMittal has been a partner of steel fabricators involved in composite bridges construction.
Among our full range of products and solutions, some are especially suitable for composite bridges:
- High Strength Steels, used to design and erect lighter structure, which is more resistant, more economical, and involves less environmental impacts.
- Thick plates, enhanced weldable steels with very high toughness levels, in order to ensure robustness and long-life durability, whatever the local conditions may be. In addition, they provide savings in welding and erection.
- Thick plates are also used for bridge bearings production with improved flatness performances.
- Weathering steels, Indaten® or Arcorox®, requiring less maintenance along the complete life cycle.
- Sheet piles, for foundations and piles.
- Reinforcement bars, for the concrete decks connected to the steel frame.
- Prefabricated solutions, delivered on site for short and medium spans.
Composite steel and concrete bridges are considered as the most robust and competitive solution for medium span road, highway and railway bridges. ArcelorMittal provides an extensive set of solutions that fulfil your project performance requirements.
In the last 20 years, composite bridges have become the most competitive solutions for short and medium spans in Europe thanks to the optimized combination of high- end value steel products for the structural and concrete decking solutions.