At ArcelorMittal Europe, we offer a full range of products, solutions, and services for footbridge designers and contractors:
- High strength steels - used to design and erect light structures that are more resistant, more economical, and have a reduced environmental impact.
- Enhanced weldable steels - in order to ensure robustness and long-life durability, whatever the local conditions may be.
- Weathering steels - requiring less maintenance along the complete life cycle and giving structures a very innovative appearance.
- Sheet piles and reinforcement bars - for foundations and piles.
- Prefabricated solutions, including curved girders - delivered on site to reduce erection time and avoid traffic disruption.
All of the above capabilities have been recognised and valued by our customers, and we are proud to have contributed to some of the most recently erected landmark footbridges in Europe.
Throughout its wide range of products, ArcelorMittal provides an extensive set of solutions that meet footbridge performance and aesthetics requirements.
Footbridges are a symbol of soft transportation mode development in urban areas.
Like any other bridge, footbridges must be long enough to cross the obstacle below and high enough not to interfere with whatever passes beneath the bridge.
However, it is an increasingly common requirement for footbridges to be ‘landmark structures’. Therefore, the appearance of the structure is met with more attention than usual.
In most footbridge cases, a fairly light structure is required as the loads they carry are quite modest. This may result in some very innovative and unique forms of construction.