Steel is playing the main role in structures used for generating energy in solar parks.
ArcelorMittal presents a set of specific steel offers for solar energy generation systems:
- Metallic coated steels (Aluzinc® AZ185 for roofing and Magnelis® for solar frame),
- Organic coated steels (Granite® HDS and Granite® HDX for roofing solutions).
- Komet® profile is particularly suitable for PV Modulus installation on steel roofing
Related News & Articles:
Dubai’s massive solar project gets Magnelis® protection15 November 2017
The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park in Dubai (UAE) is the world's largest single-site renewable-energy project. The latest section of the Park to come onstream uses structural steels protected with Magnelis®, ArcelorMittal’s innovative breakthrough in corrosion protection. Thanks to its unique composition, Magnelis® will provide the solar structure with an unprecedented level of surface and cut-edge protection, even in this hostile desert environment.Project News
Magnelis® PV frame by Hanwha Q CELLS wins 2017 Intersolar award10 August 2017
A new steel mounting system developed by Hanwha Q CELLS has won a 2017 Intersolar innovation award. The revolutionary design replaces traditional aluminium frames which support the photovoltaic (PV) modules on a solar mounting rack. By utilising ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products’ breakthrough Magnelis® coating, Hanwha Q CELLS have significantly reduced the carbon footprint and cost of PV installations.Product News
Generating, storing and putting at disposal solar electricity is one the most growing challenge of this century.
There are two ways of converting solar power into electricity. Either directly, by using photovoltaics (PV), or indirectly, using concentrated solar power (CSP). The market has developed two different solar generation systems:
- Ground-mounted systems
- Building systems for roofing (residential and semi industrial)
Magnelis® supports efforts to generate clean and renewable energy by offering advanced corrosion protection for solar installations. Magnelis® is the preferred coating solution for both, concentrating solar power (CSP) plants and ground-mounted structural solutions for photovoltaic (PV) solar farms. It offers increased durability and the best possible protection against corrosion and abrasion.
Magnelis® extends the life of solar structures so operators can maximize the return on their investment.
Features listed below are key advantages of these applications:
- Guaranteed durability up to 25 years
- Improved resistance against abrasion
- Effective resistance against corrosion, even placed in soil
- Large feasibility range both in thickness and steel grade, including high strength steel grades beyond European standard performances
- Cost effective
- Quick installation
- Reduced environmental impact.
ArcelorMittal is committed to offering best in class solutions for solar energy production.