Among its wide range of products and solutions, ArcelorMittal is able to offer specific solutions for improved earthquake resistance:
- High strength low alloyed steels, known as HSLA, together providing a high level of yield strength, high elongation level to absorb high levels of energy in case of earthquakes.
- Improved weldable steels, such as Histar®, providing high toughness performances and then resistance under dynamic loads.
- Sandwich panels and double skin façade solutions that contribute to structural resistance of single storey buildings, avoiding partial collapse of the façade and frame.
- Light steel framing solution, such as Styltech™, which have been pre-designed to satisfy seismic requirements as light, ductile and energy absorbent framing system, able to fulfil severe earthquake requirements.
- Specific rebar product range, with qualified ratio Rm/Re, certified for seismic resistance of concrete structures.
ArcelorMittal is able to provide the most suitable solutions that fulfil the most severe earthquake design requirements, all around the world.
Earthquake phenomenon is one of the most devastating natural events that could endanger structural robustness and construction stability.
Moreover, earthquakes are potentially active in all parts of the world. As a high resistance and ductile material, steel is the indisputable choice for seismic resistant construction.
Even when it comes to the most demanding projects, such as high-rise buildings or long span bridges, steel frame construction has demonstrated its capacity to resist severe seismic events.