For more than 30 years, ArcelorMittal Europe has recognised the importance of construction refurbishment and has a complete offer of modified products and solutions:
- Sheet piles, columns, tubes, and welded sections for addition to or consolidation of existing foundations.
- Structural sections or light steel frame solutions, such as Styltech™, for vertical or horizontal extensions on existing buildings, combined with high strength steel grades for lighter structures.
- Composite flooring solutions, such as Cofraplus®, enable an increase in load bearing capacity on existing structures whatever the material may be.
- Full range of Metallic coated and Organic coated steels, but also profiles, sandwich panels, and cassettes to create a new envelope system that improves both the aesthetics and the energy efficiency of existing buildings.
- Services such as products delivered directly on site with adapted logistics to meet site constraints, especially in urban areas.
ArcelorMittal’s products and solutions for renovation can be adapted and modified to suit any project and have proven to be efficient in very demanding local conditions.
ArcelorMittal has developed a complete range of products and construction solutions adapted to construction renovation.
Renovation is increasingly becoming the chosen strategy to enhance energy efficiency, comfort, adaptability, and flexibility and to renew buildings’ aesthetics. It is also a highly utilised approach to improve the attractiveness of historical urban areas. Renovation augments construction sustainability and the contribution of the construction segment to the economy.
Related News & Articles
The Craiova & Targu-Jiu Stadiums17 May 2018
Sport has a very important place in Romania, especially football. ArcelorMittal Tubular Products Europe recently contributed to the construction of two stadiums in the country: the Craiova stadium, inaugurated in November 2017, and the Targu-Jiu stadium which will open this year. Steel produced in Romania was used for both projects with Hollow Structural Sections (HSS) produced in Iasi and made from coils produced by ArcelorMittal.Project News
The Peking: Our beams secure a legendary 100-year-old ship28 April 2018
At the beginning of the 20th century, the 115-metre-long, four-masted ship Peking was one of the largest and most technically advanced ships in the world. Built as a steel barque for overseas trade in 1911, it could transport 5,300 tonnes of cargo and sailed 34 times around Cape Horn. The construction method used at that time made the ship very robust and reliable. The hull is made of steel and it could withstand more wind and adverse weather conditions than other ships.The Peking spent the last few years as a museum ship in New York before heading back to Germany in July 2017. It will soon join the German Port Museum, but before that, the crucial challenge is to breathe a new life into this historic vessel.Project News
ArcelorMittal steel in the biggest athletics stadium in Poland17 April 2018
Located in Chorzów, the Silesian stadium (or Stadion Śląski) is one of the most recognisable stadiums in Poland. Inaugurated in 1956, the stadium was recently completely renovated and reopened in October 2017. ArcelorMittal Europe – Long Products contributed to the project and provided sheet piles, used to secure the foundations.Project News