In order to meet the architects and engineers very demanding requirements for efficient long-span structures, we, at ArcelorMittal, are offering a full range of products and solutions for buildings and civil engineering works:
- High strength resistant steels used as sections, welded built up sections, trusses or girders - adaptable to each designer choice.
- Composite construction solutions, the most economical and efficient design option that combines steel for the structure and concrete for decking.
- Moreover, some of our processing centers can propose prefabricated solutions to be delivered directly on-site to construction companies all over Europe.
All of the above capabilities have been recognized by our customers and we are proud to have contributed to some of the most recently iconic constructions in the world, such as stadiums, arenas, bridges or even unique industrial buildings.
Long Span Structure
Through its wide range of products, ArcelorMittal Europe offers an extensive set of solutions for long span structure that fulfill performance requirements and effectively contribute to the building efficiency and adaptability.
MoreSolutions by Application
Related News & Articles:
Sustainable Building Thanks to High Strength Steels19 October 2009
The aspect of sustainability is playing an increasingly important role in building. However, this concept is not just restricted to ecological issues but also comprises economic and socio-cultural aspects. Only structures which fulfill all this criteria are permanently successful and therefore sustainable.Article
ArcelorMittal Cellular Beams ACB®: The Intelligent Solution for Large Spans12 May 2008
In the past 15 years, the use of cellular beams in steel structures has increased considerably as they present an interesting solution for aesthetic as well as efficient steel structures.Products News
Angelina™ Girder: A New Architectural Dimension14 September 2009
The new girder with sinusoidal openings combines aesthetic requirements with sustainable architecture: AngelinaTM enables large spans, planning liberties and the guarantee of an easier and more flexible conversion.Products News
While working on long-span construction projects, steel is the undisputed material of choice.
The intrinsic advantages of steel (listed below) are easily recognized by project decision makers and contractors:
- Best in class resistance to weight ratio
- Capability to produce tailor made shapes, welded or bolted, based on flat or long products
- Prefabrication off- site as well as quick erection on- site in order to shorten construction planning
Long- span structures are more frequently used in buildings and civil engineering construction as they offer full flexibility, adaptability, life cycle assets, cost cost savings and reduced environmental footprint.