In order to meet the architects and engineers very demanding requirements for efficient long-span structures, we, at ArcelorMittal, are offering a full range of products and solutions for buildings and civil engineering works:
- High strength resistant steels used as sections, welded built up sections, trusses or girders - adaptable to each designer choice.
- Composite construction solutions, the most economical and efficient design option that combines steel for the structure and concrete for decking.
- Moreover, some of our processing centres can propose prefabricated solutions to be delivered directly on-site to construction companies all over Europe.
All of the above capabilities have been recognized by our customers and we are proud to have contributed to some of the most recently iconic constructions in the world, such as stadiums, arenas, bridges or even unique industrial buildings.
Long span structure
Through its wide range of products, ArcelorMittal Europe offers an extensive set of solutions for long span structure that fulfill performance requirements and effectively contribute to the building efficiency and adaptability.
While working on long-span construction projects, steel is the undisputed material of choice.
The intrinsic advantages of steel (listed below) are easily recognized by project decision makers and contractors:
- Best in class resistance to weight ratio
- Capability to produce tailor made shapes, welded or bolted, based on flat or long products
- Prefabrication off- site as well as quick erection on- site in order to shorten construction planning
Long- span structures are more frequently used in buildings and civil engineering construction as they offer full flexibility, adaptability, life cycle assets, cost savings and reduced environmental footprint.