Metallic coated steels
Related news & technical articles
Magnelis® goes green28 September 2018
Magnelis® brings a touch of nature to your facadesVegetal exterior walls, or “green walls,” are a great way to bring nature to the facade of buildings and give them a unique look. Green walls are designed either as aesthetic elements for interior or exterior décor - sometimes as works of art using plants or as elements of urban ecology. For instance, a green wall is one of the elements that makes the facade of the Musée du quai Branly in Paris so unique.Product News
Magnelis® at the centre of ArcelorMittal Fos-sur-Mer’s first solar farm19 February 2018
ArcelorMittal Méditerranée recently inaugurated a photovoltaic farm on its site of Fos-sur-Mer, realised in partnership with EDF Energies Nouvelles. This solar farm of 15 hectares has a capacity of 12 MWc, equal to the annual electricity consumption of 7,400 citizens, half of the town of Fos-sur-Mer. Profil du Futur, a division of ArcelorMittal Construction, was in charge of the structure’s construction and used Magnelis®,a lead product of ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products for solar projects.Project News
Introducing the Metallic Coatings of Today and of the Future
Corrosion is a problem which costs our economy billions each year. While almost all materials are affected by corrosion, ArcelorMittal’s revolutionary new coating Magnelis® will ensure that steel solutions resist year after year.Article
Magnelis® is a flat carbon steel coated on both sides with a zinc-aluminium-magnesium alloy*
- Excellent corrosion resistance - at least 3 times better than galvanised steel in external applications
- Complete edge protection thanks to the self-healing properties of Magnelis® on cut edges
- Outstanding resistance in harsh environments (maritime, chloride, and ammonia atmospheres)
- More cost-effective than batch galvanised steels due to simple manufacturing
- Reduced maintenance costs compared to post painting
The excellent corrosion resistance properties of Magnelis® have been accredited with a Preliminary Technical Evaluation of Material (ETPM) by CSTB (Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment) and certified by a number of other external bodies, among them SP (Science Partner) and DIBT (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik).
* This alloy is composed of 93.5% zinc, 3.5% aluminium, and 3% magnesium.
Best in class
Magnelis® Think Strategy
An innovative metallic coating that offers protection in the harshest environments
Magnelis® can be used in numerous applications:
- Construction: for a wide range of structural applications: sub-structures of ventilated facades, composite floors, purlins for roofs, side rails for walls, rainwater systems, and light steel framing
- Appliances and electrical equipment such as cable trays
- Agriculture & farming: animal housing, silos, greenhouse structures
- Industrial applications
- Infrastructure: safety barriers, lighting poles, road signs, acoustic walls, bridge parapets, etc.
- Solar structures
Magnelis® comes with up to 25-year guarantees for ZM310 depending on the environments and applications.
Magnelis® - Choose protection against long-term wear and tear