Related news & technical articles
Steligence® webinar 22 April: Facades and roofing - our latest innovations in prepainted steels to meet the new requirements19 April 2021
Join Steligence® for this free English-language webinar on Thursday 22 April 2021 at 13.00 CET.Topic: Facades and roofing - our latest innovations in prepainted steels to meet the new requirementsPresenter: Patrick Le Pense, ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat ProductsClick here to register.Event News
ArcelorMittal launches Granite® HDXtreme for extreme climates!13 April 2021
ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products has created a new product designed for use in extreme climates. Granite® HDXtreme is the latest prepainted steel in ArcelorMittal’s organic coated Granite® range. Granite® HDXtreme is uniquely beautiful, resilient against corrosion, sustainable, and can be used in both indoor and outdoor applications. A three-layer coating system provides high levels of protection against UV and corrosion. This enables ArcelorMittal to guarantee the steel’s performance. Granite® HDXtreme comes in a vast palette of colours and three different finishes to make any project unique.Product News
Royal Dutch Mint building wins Infosteel Steel Construction Award3 March 2021
The Royal Dutch Mint building, known as the Dutch Vault, in Houten in the Netherlands has won the People’s Choice Award at the 2020 Infosteel Steel Construction Competition. The spectacular facade for this iconic building was made with high-gloss Granite® Silky Shine from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products.Industry News
Granite® Silky Shine
The organic coated steels of our Granite® range are synonymous with a wide range of colours associated with an endless possibility of surface patterns such as smooth, grained, embossed, textured, or orange peel effect. In addition, several finishes can be achieved: from matt to high gloss and even metallic finishes for interior applications.
In construction, organic coated steels that are applied on metallic substrates are based on:
- Saturated Polyester (SP)
- Polyurethanes (PUR)
- Polyvinyl Fluoride (PVDF)
Granite® is available in 25 to 75µm thick paint coating systems with excellent durability performance, corrosion resistance of up to RC5*, and UV resistance of up to RUV5*.
* According to the forthcoming revised EN10169 standard
Granite® Deep Mat
Granite® HFX Cool
Impressive aesthetics for buildings
With our Granite® range of organic coated steel, ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products offers a unique selection of products for each application, building, environment, performance requirement, and aesthetic demand.
For outdoor applications, our Granite® range offers a solution for each component of a building envelope:
- Granite® HDXtreme is the latest prepainted steel in the organic coated range and the most durable organic coating for construction
- Granite® HDX where outstanding resistance to corrosion and colour stability are required
- Granite® Silky Shine is synonymous with elegant finishes for facades
- Granite® Quartz and Granite® Storm for extended durability of your roofing applications combined with exceptional aesthetics
- Granite® Rain provides a robust system for rainwater applications
- Granite® Impression with stunning textures and exciting finishes
- Granite® Comfort with outstanding solar reflectance performance
- Granite® Deep Mat with unique deep matt textured finish specially adapted for roofing applications
- Granite® Farm with corrosion resistant coating specifically for agricultural construction
- Granite® HDS for buildings in corrosive environments
- Granite® HFX Cool for standing seam roofs in the cold environments encountered in Northern and Eastern Europe
- Granite® PVDF for architectural buildings in aggressive environments
- Granite® Ultramat specifically for roofing - a high quality and flexible paint system.