Our steel builds bridges
At ArcelorMittal, we are proud to contribute to bridge construction as we are able to satisfy the highly demanding technical and service requirements set by designers and contractors.
Among our innovative range of products and solutions, some are particularly bridge-oriented and are ideal for short to very long span projects:
- High strength steels - used to design and erect lighter structures, which are more resistant, more economical, and involve a reduced environmental impact.
- Enhanced weldable steels - very high toughness levels in order to ensure robustness and long-life durability, whatever the local conditions may be.
- Weathering steels - require less maintenance throughout the complete life cycle.
- Sheet piles and reinforcement bars for foundations and piles.
- Prefabricated solutions - delivered on site for short and medium spans.
Related news and technical articles
Webinar 7 December: European Design Guide for the Use of Weathering Steel in Bridge Construction24 November 2021
The European Convention for Constructional Steelwork (ECCS) recently released a new European Design Guide for the Use of Weathering Steel in Bridge Construction. The ECCS, along with ArcelorMittal, will present the design guide – including innovations and implementations – in a free webinar on 7 December 2021 at 14.00 CET.To register, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgNB: There are a limited number of spots available!Event News
XCarb® for Heavy plates: bigger, greener, better2 November 2021
Plants at Avilés and Gijón now supply higher quality heavy steel plate with a reduced CO2 footprint, allowing customers to buy XCarb® green steel certificates to reduce their Scope 3 emissions.Product News
New version of ACOBRI available11 October 2021
ArcelorMittal Europe - Long Products has released an updated version of their composite bridge pre-design software: ACOBRI Version 5.09.Website News
With its wide range of products, ArcelorMittal provides an extensive set of bridge solutions that meet your project performance requirements. Our sales and technical teams are at your disposal in order to continue contributing to the creation of new links between people.
For more than 3000 years, bridges were not perceived to be typical construction works. They have always been a symbol of mankind's skills and knowledge, and they represent the creation of links between people. Therefore, it is no wonder that bridges all around the world are recognised as “landmark constructions” and are visited by thousands of people each year.