More Case Studies with trapezoidal profiles
Similar Case Studies Stadiums
Stade du Hameau: ArcelorMittal helps Pau’s rugby team step up its game
In order to give a brand new and modern rugby stadium to the region and to support the local rugby team, the Stade du Hameau in Pau, in the South of France, was completely renovated and expanded using steel profiles from ArcelorMittal Construction France.
The objective of this renovation was to:
- give a new stadium to the city of Pau,
- extend the capacity to 18 000 seats, and
- support the Section Paloise rugby team and Pau FC football team by meeting the standards of the National Rugby League which requires professional clubs to have high-level facilities.
This project also had a sustainable angle as the idea was not to build a new stadium from scratch, but rather renovate the former stadium.
Turning an old stadium into a remarkable landmark
To place the audience closer to the game, the architects opted for a “U shape” and thus chose to build a third tribune to connect the two existing ones and a new semi-circular building to close the shape.
For their construction, 5 500 m² of steel products produced by ArcelorMittal Construction France in Contrisson and Haironville were supplied to our customer CANCÉ, a major player in the metal construction sector. ArcelorMittal Construction has full control of the products’ production process, from hot-rolled coils to galvanising and pre-painting and profiling, which was a huge advantage for the customer.
The wall envelope and the roof canopies were built with:
- Océane® 70 wall cladding and new clapboard profiles (both solid and perforated) in ZMevolution®, our latest galvanised composition enriched with magnesium and pre-painted with IRYSA® Isatis 79WG
- steel short span deck Hacierco® C50 lacquered with Hairplus 25µ
ArcelorMittal’s Océane® 70 wall cladding is particularly fitted for this type of architecture. The perforated profiles with the IRYSA® special iridescent colour perfectly meet the architect’s needs as they wanted the stadium to have a transparent white envelope to be visible from afar and even by night when the lights are on.
Perfect for a new landmark building!
ArcelorMittal Construction France
ArcelorMittal Europe Communication