Organic coated steels
Granite® Silky Shine
Organic coated steels are synonymous with a wide range of colours associated with an endless possibility of surface patterns such as smooth, grained, embossed, textured, or orange peel effect. In addition, several finishes can be achieved: from matt to high gloss and even metallic finishes.
In construction, organic coated steels that are applied on metallic substrates Z or ZM are mostly based on:
• Saturated Polyester (SP)
• Polyurethanes (PUR)
• Polyvinyl Fluoride (PVDF)
Layer thicknesses for external applications range from 25 to 75µm.
Our range of organic coated steels for outdoor applications includes:
• Granite® 25 to 75µm thick paint coating systems with excellent durability performance, corrosion resistance of up to RC5+*, and UV resistance of up to RUV5*
Our range for indoor applications includes:
• Estetic® up to 25µm thick paint coating systems
* According to the EN 10169-2021 standard
Related news & technical articles
Successes for sustainable construction at BAU27 April 2023
ArcelorMittal took part in BAU, a major event for the construction and building industry, in Munich from 17-22 April, showcasing its latest high-performance steel products, XCarb® range of sustainable steels, and cooperations dedicated to construction.Event news
Let our samples inspire you24 April 2023
Will gleaming gold work for your project, or do you want a more subtle tone? Looking at samples online certainly makes selecting steel for projects easier, but seeing them with our own eyes is always better.Our ever-expanding selection of free ArcelorMittal steel samples to order is available to you at the touch of button. We are continuously adding new samples to serve you better and choosing your samples is simple.Website news
ArcelorMittal announced as strategic supplier of XCarb® steel for BP2’s integrated photovoltaic roof21 April 2023
ArcelorMittal, the world’s leading steel and mining company, has joined forces with BP2, the manufacturer of complete solutions for residential construction, to supply low carbon emissions steel for BP2’s latest product, the SOLROOF integrated photovoltaic roof.Product news
Build to last with Granite® organic coated steels4 April 2023
Prepainted steel has been used for more than 50 years in Europe, so ArcelorMittal has had the opportunity to analyse in depth how its products actually behave in situ in different areas. Today, we are in a perfect position to assess the effects of time on our prepainted steel. Our integrated production process (from the hot strip mill through to coil coating) ensures full traceability and a high level of quality.The latest innovation in coating systems not only increases the lifetime of construction products, but also reduces their environmental impact. Granite® has become a guarantee of quality, durability and sustainability. Architects and project designers, developers and contractors, and even insurance companies can be sure of specifying the right product for their projects, with a full guarantee up to 40 years.Product news
Granite® Deep Mat
Impressive aesthetics for buildings
As the European leader for organic coated steels (also known as prepainted steels), ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products offers a unique range of products for each application, building, environment, performance requirement, and aesthetic demand.
Moreover, we are continuously reducing the environmental impact of our steels.
For outdoor applications, our Granite® range offers a solution for each component of a building envelope:
• Granite® HDXtreme: the latest prepainted steel in the organic coated range and the most durable organic coating for construction
• Granite® HDX: where outstanding resistance to corrosion and colour stability are required
• Granite® Silky Shine: synonymous with elegant finishes for facades
• Granite® Quartz and Granite® Storm: for extended durability of your roofing applications combined with exceptional aesthetics
• Granite® Impression: with Granite® Impression Cloudy, Wood, Agate, and Patina
• Granite® HFX Cool: for standing seam roofs and facades
• Granite® Ultramat: specifically for roofing tiles – with a high quality and flexible paint system
For indoor applications, we recommend our Estetic® range:
• Estetic® BioAir Mat: made of a 100% biobased resin which improves indoor air quality
• Estetic® Clean: meets the most stringent requirements for cold rooms
• Estetic® Mat: with a light matt finish with excellent resistance to marking
• Estetic® Tex: with a grained anti-scratch finish for robust usage
The benefits of ArcelorMittal organic coated steels are numerous for construction stakeholders:
• Long-term aesthetics and durability of colours: a defined minimum paint thickness is compulsory to ensure the beauty and durability of a building.
• Robust and resistant against harsh environment conditions: the thickness of the metallic coating layer is optimised to protect the steel substrate.
• Creative design for complex forms: flexibility and adhesion of the paint are key to allow for smooth processing operations.
• Sustainability: the steel used is manufactured in a safe and environmentally responsible way and free of heavy metals or substances of very high concern (REACH).