The main function of flooring is to transmit loads to the bearing structures of the building. Flooring is also sometimes used as diaphragms in order to support the horizontal stability of the structure and provide seismic resistance.
Flooring must also meet the requirements of building physics:
- minimising vibration to eliminate potential disturbances
- fire resistance
- thermal and acoustic performance
- durability in corrosive environments, both inside and outside the building
Fulfilling these requirements ensures that the flooring accommodates building services as well as other elements such as suspended ceilings.
With its wide range of products, ArcelorMittal Europe offers an extensive set of flooring solutions that meet performance requirements and effectively contribute to building efficiency.
Related news and technical articles
Steel Construction Institute reports on Magnelis® ZM120 corrosion protection7 October 2021
A report from the Steel Construction Institute (SCI) describes their independent review of the performance of the Magnelis® ZM120 coating for corrosion protection. An innovative metallic coating that offers protection in the harshest environments, Magnelis® is a ZM (zinc-aluminium-magnesium) coating in accordance with EN 10346:2015.Product News
ArcelorMittal Construction introduces Cofraplus® 80: a brand-new lightweight alternative to prefabricated concrete floor slabs1 July 2021
Using an 80 mm high trapezoidal steel profile alongside a lower volume of poured concrete, Cofraplus® 80 outperforms a traditional precast slab in a greener and more environmentally conscious package.Product News
New version of CoSFB software available7 December 2020
ArcelorMittal has recently launched a new and updated version of our CoSFB software which allows for the calculation of composite integrated beams (SFB) in cold conditions.Website News
ArcelorMittal Europe has developed a full range of steel products and solutions for flooring in multi-storey buildings as well as industrial, commercial, and storage buildings.
Our products can be combined into composite steel and concrete flooring solutions in order to reduce floor thickness, integrate services, or to enable optimal installation time as demonstrated by the integrated solution CoSFB.
Moreover, slimmer floor slabs enable optimisation of external facade areas and thus contribute to the improvement of thermal efficiency and global energy saving of the building.
To achieve such results, among other product ranges, ArcelorMittal Europe offers:
- Cofrastra® and Cofraplus® decking systems which replace temporary formwork and participate in concrete reinforcement while allowing thinner concrete slabs.
- Asymmetric beams, such as IFB (integrated floor beams) or SFB (slim floor beams), which reduce the overall thickness of floors.
- Cellular beams, such as ACB® or Angelina®, to simplify service integration and to avoid issues related to any additional service zones below the beam level.
- Steel floor plates – a cost-effective solution, such as S235 Diamond, with slip-resistant and durable surfaces for walkways, stairs, and platforms.