ArcelorMittal presents a large number of sustainable, economical steel products and solutions for the construction and renovation of railway stations that rise to the expectations of our times:
- Structural steel sections, merchant bars, and plates in high strength steel grades enabling long span and light steel framing solutions
- Composite flooring solutions like Cofrastra® and Cofraplus®
- Organic and metallic coated steels for different environments - for exteriors and interiors
- Enamelled steels used for interior panels, signals, and passenger information
- Roofing sheets and trays for multi-layer roof systems
- A full range of profiles and cassettes for facade solutions
- Reinforcement bars
With extensive experience in railway station projects, ArcelorMittal teams are able to support decision makers in their design for railway stations.
Usually characterised by striking architecture, railway stations are urban landmarks and the heart of transport infrastructure in cities and towns.
Apart from their aesthetic appearance, railway stations must also have a functional design making them efficient in layout and operation and at the same time creating a comfortable, pleasing, and safe experience for passengers.
Steel is the ideal material for the construction of railway stations as it allows for the creation of resistant, yet light and slender structures for maximum transparency inside the building. Open and airy spaces, flooded with natural light, improve the feeling of well-being and comfort.
Nowadays, train stations function as transport hubs, including bus, underground, and tram stations. Modern railway stations are not only dedicated to transport, but in most cases they are also considered to be social and commercial places with shopping facilities, cafes, and restaurants.