ArcelorMittal Europe is the largest provider of steel products that fulfil designers’ and contractors’ highly demanding performance requirements for structural resistance.
We can offer best in class solutions suitable for each construction type:
- The world’s widest range of hot rolled sections and structural shapes.
- Flat coils and sheet products, from thick plates for welded built-up sections, to thin metallic coated sheets for light steel framing.
- A complete set of structural steel grades in accordance with regional standards, including high strength steels with improved weldability and toughness features.
- Prefabricated systems, delivered to construction sites, to answer specific demands such as Angelina® castellated beams for long span decking solutions or structural systems for light steel frame housing.
Related news & technical articles
New SiCA lectures: Composite beams - Shear connection14 December 2022
The newest SiCA: Steel in Construction Academy lectures – Composite beams: Shear connection I, II, and III – are available now!These three new lectures cover topics such as: the types and behaviour of shear connectors load transfer the behaviour of partial shear connection in composite beams practical methods used for design at the ultimate and serviceability limit states the design of shear connection in continuous composite beams hogging moment regionsWebsite news
Sheet piles go digital: measure, analyse, troubleshoot8 December 2022
The innovative SmartSheetPile solution, launched during Bauma 2022, is designed to make infrastructure safer and more cost-effective. Multiple sensors monitor the sheet pile walls of quays, bridges, or flood protections systems in real time measuring a variety of parameters in order to analyse performance, reduce maintenance costs, and prevent failures.Product news
Mechanical resistance & stability
Mechanical resistance and stability are fundamental requirements for every type of construction work as it is key to ensure people’s safety as well as construction durability and robustness, regardless of conditions on-site.
It especially concerns the following:
- Structural resistance, including design & construction in seismic areas
- Extreme low or high temperature conditions
- Resistance under cyclic loads with potential fatigue impacts
Our products meet the most demanding technical requirements, answering to local standards and fulfilling specific certification performances. We constantly strive to innovate in order to offer designers and contractors best in class competitive solutions, contributing to construction sustainability and safety.