ArcelorMittal Europe offers products with top fire reaction performances:
- As bare material, steel is classified A1, which is the best performing level.
- Granite® organic coated steels are also A1 Euro class.
- Our sandwich panel product range goes up to A2-s1-d0 classification.
Therefore, ArcelorMittal Europe’s product range is able to satisfy the most demanding national regulations concerning fire reaction performance.
The way in which material and construction products react to fire performance is key to ensuring people’s safety in case of fire at a construction site.
Fire reaction indicates the way a material behaves as a combustible.
Construction products’ reaction to fire is determined through Euroclasses. The Euroclasses were introduced following a resolution by the Commission (2000/147/EEC) on 8 February 2000 to create a common platform for the comparison of the fire properties of construction materials.
Fire testing of products is conducted in accordance with harmonised testing methods. As defined by a series of European standards, this includes several tests and related performances:
- Classification for combustibility. Class A1 is non-combustible and the requirement level cannot be combined with any additional class mentioned below.
- Additional classification for smoke development, identified by the symbol s.
- Additional classification for burning droplets, identified by the symbol d.