Related news & technical articles
XCarb® green steel certificates: benefitting the end user30 November 2021
The successful transformation of the steel industry includes zero-emissions steel products being accepted by the end user – and green steel certificates are an important part of this mission.Product News
Epco inspires with XCarb® green steel certificates16 November 2021
Epco, a leading producer of insulated panels for garage, commercial, and industrial doors, has recently purchased XCarb® green steel certificates from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products with the Granite® organic coated steel used in its products.“ArcelorMittal’s XCarb® green steel certificates will help us orient the door market towards a greener future,” says Luc De Deygere, CEO of Epco. “We see the certificates as a major opportunity for all involved.”Product News
Outstanding standing seam roofs with Granite® HFX Cool Matt and Magnelis®20 October 2021
Across Europe, standing seam roofs are a key feature in the landscape of many cities and towns. Made from flexible metals, they are an ideal solution for the odd-shaped roofs of apartment blocks and public buildings where every millimetre of space under the roof is utilised. The standing seam provides a high level of resistance to wind and excellent watertightness, making it a popular roofing solution today. Organic coated steels such as the Granite® HFX Cool range from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products offer the necessary pliability, combined with a hard-wearing finish that is guaranteed for up to 20 years. Bevego, a leading provider of roofing solutions and equipment for the Swedish market, recently started utilising the latest product in the range – Granite® HFX Cool Matt.Product News
Granite® Silky Shine
The organic coated steels of our Granite® range are synonymous with a wide range of colours associated with an endless possibility of surface patterns such as smooth, grained, embossed, textured, or orange peel effect. In addition, several finishes can be achieved: from matt to high gloss and even metallic finishes for interior applications.
In construction, organic coated steels that are applied on metallic substrates are based on:
- Saturated Polyester (SP)
- Polyurethanes (PUR)
- Polyvinyl Fluoride (PVDF)
Granite® is available in 25 to 75µm thick paint coating systems with excellent durability performance, corrosion resistance of up to RC5*, and UV resistance of up to RUV5*.
* According to the forthcoming revised EN10169 standard
Granite® Deep Mat
Granite® HFX Cool
Impressive aesthetics for buildings
With our Granite® range of organic coated steel, ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products offers a unique selection of products for each application, building, environment, performance requirement, and aesthetic demand.
For outdoor applications, our Granite® range offers a solution for each component of a building envelope:
- Granite® HDXtreme is the latest prepainted steel in the organic coated range and the most durable organic coating for construction
- Granite® HDX where outstanding resistance to corrosion and colour stability are required
- Granite® Silky Shine is synonymous with elegant finishes for facades
- Granite® Quartz and Granite® Storm for extended durability of your roofing applications combined with exceptional aesthetics
- Granite® Rain provides a robust system for rainwater applications
- Granite® Impression with stunning textures and exciting finishes
- Granite® Comfort with outstanding solar reflectance performance
- Granite® Deep Mat with unique deep matt textured finish specially adapted for roofing applications
- Granite® Farm with corrosion resistant coating specifically for agricultural construction
- Granite® HDS for buildings in corrosive environments
- Granite® HFX Cool for standing seam roofs in the cold environments encountered in Northern and Eastern Europe
- Granite® PVDF for architectural buildings in aggressive environments
- Granite® Ultramat specifically for roofing - a high quality and flexible paint system.