Related news & technical articles
Webinar in Italian: Individual housing and sustainability - the role of architecture for a better society27 June 2022
ArcelorMittal, as on official partner of THE PLAN, is presenting portions of a series of ten free webinars in Italian on the theme of ‘Social housing and sustainable development - the role of architecture in a better society’.On 5 July 2022, the fifth webinar – Individual housing and sustainability – will take place. ArcelorMittal’s contribution will include a presentation of steel solutions for private housing projects.Event news
Benbow Steels becomes first UK supplier to buy XCarb® Green steel certificates5 May 2022
Benbow Steels, an independent supplier of prepainted steels, has become the first ArcelorMittal customer in the United Kingdom to buy XCarb® Green steel certificates. Benbow Steels will make the certificates available to their final customers so they can reduce the Scope 3 emissions of their projects.Industry news
Architecture with organic coated steels: colourful aesthetics and protection beyond the final product
When designing a building envelope with steel, the end product for roofing or cladding is usually at the centre of attention - aesthetically as well as functionally speaking. Profiled sheets of different shapes, sandwich panels with steel shells in diverse surface structures, architectural siding systems, or tailor-made solutions are all aimed at providing the final aesthetics for our buildings. However, the selection of facade and roofing products involves the choice of the material itself, which is often defined in the design phase. Pre-painted steel is a choice option.Article
Granite® Silky Shine
The organic coated steels of our Granite® range are synonymous with a wide range of colours associated with an endless possibility of surface patterns such as smooth, grained, embossed, textured, or orange peel effect. In addition, several finishes can be achieved: from matt to high gloss and even metallic finishes for interior applications.
In construction, organic coated steels that are applied on metallic substrates are based on:
- Saturated Polyester (SP)
- Polyurethanes (PUR)
- Polyvinyl Fluoride (PVDF)
Granite® is available in 25 to 75µm thick paint coating systems with excellent durability performance, corrosion resistance of up to RC5*, and UV resistance of up to RUV5*.
* According to the forthcoming revised EN10169 standard
Granite® Deep Mat
Granite® HFX Cool
Impressive aesthetics for buildings
With our Granite® range of organic coated steel, ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products offers a unique selection of products for each application, building, environment, performance requirement, and aesthetic demand.
For outdoor applications, our Granite® range offers a solution for each component of a building envelope:
- Granite® HDXtreme is the latest prepainted steel in the organic coated range and the most durable organic coating for construction
- Granite® HDX where outstanding resistance to corrosion and colour stability are required
- Granite® Silky Shine is synonymous with elegant finishes for facades
- Granite® Quartz and Granite® Storm for extended durability of your roofing applications combined with exceptional aesthetics
- Granite® Rain provides a robust system for rainwater applications
- Granite® Impression with stunning textures and exciting finishes
- Granite® Comfort with outstanding solar reflectance performance
- Granite® Deep Mat with unique deep matt textured finish specially adapted for roofing applications
- Granite® Farm with corrosion resistant coating specifically for agricultural construction
- Granite® HDS for buildings in corrosive environments
- Granite® HFX Cool for standing seam roofs in the cold environments encountered in Northern and Eastern Europe
- Granite® PVDF for architectural buildings in aggressive environments
- Granite® Ultramat specifically for roofing - a high quality and flexible paint system.