ArcelorMittal Europe offers organic coated steel products and solutions that can adapt to most roofing and guttering applications, including:
• For roofing solutions made of profiled sheets or sandwich panels, Granite® HDXtreme and Granite® HDX are our best in class solutions for very long durability, whatever the local environment. They are fully suitable for PV roofing solutions requiring a long guarantee duration and very low maintenance.
• Tile or slate patterns with Granite® Ultramat, which can be processed at low temperatures with very high flexibility, Granite® Impression Cloudy, Granite® Storm, and Granite® Quartz. Roofing tiles made of steel combine a wide range of aesthetics with all the advantages of metal: lightness, the option for low slopes, ease and speed of installation, resistance to climate, and watertightness.
• Standing seam roofs (and also facades) with Granite® HFX Cool. Standing seams have been used for hundreds of years to seal metal roofs. They enable complex, curved, and long span roofing solutions combined with very efficient air and water tightness performances.
• Rainwater systems with Granite® Rain HDX prepainted steel.
Related news & technical articles
Education wrapped in steel17 May 2022
Education escorts us throughout our entire lives – as do the buildings in which we acquire our knowledge and skills. We recollect their architecture, interior design, pieces of furniture, and even their smells. Some have impressed us more than others, but none of them have left us indifferent. In our memories, these buildings are profoundly connected to our experiences and emotions, including the people we connected with there.Over the last few decades, education has evolved and so have the requirements for educational buildings. Architectural design has significantly increased in importance, technology has conquered interior design, and user comfort is a key concern, all of which are important factors accompanying the learning experience. Architecturally attractive buildings not only express the prestige and status of institutions but contribute to a sense of wellbeing for their users.Project news
Meet SiCA: Steel in Construction Academy!26 April 2022
We are proud to introduce you to our newest Constructalia feature: SiCA – Steel in Construction Academy. SiCA is a self-learning online platform for those in, or joining, the construction industry focussed on the use of steel as the material of choice for construction applications and required performances.Website news
Architecture with organic coated steels: colourful aesthetics and protection beyond the final product
When designing a building envelope with steel, the end product for roofing or cladding is usually at the centre of attention - aesthetically as well as functionally speaking. Profiled sheets of different shapes, sandwich panels with steel shells in diverse surface structures, architectural siding systems, or tailor-made solutions are all aimed at providing the final aesthetics for our buildings. However, the selection of facade and roofing products involves the choice of the material itself, which is often defined in the design phase. Pre-painted steel is a choice option.Article
Organic coated steel is one of the most used materials for roofing, whatever the building type and environment. Organic coated steel roofing solutions are growing in popularity as architects, designers, and homeowners seek out stylish and modern alternatives to traditional materials. More and more architects are considering roofing to be the ‘fifth facade’ of buildings. Metallic roofing offers endless possibilities not only to express creativity but also to make manufacturing affordable. Organic coated steel is also the perfect material to install solar modules on roofs as it combines very long durability performances with mechanical resistance.
However, organic coated steel roofs are popular thanks to more than just visually pleasing aesthetics. They are also extremely durable and sustainable, lightweight, cost-effective, quick and easy to install, and can increase the value of your building as a result of their low maintenance and durability. In addition, they largely contribute to a building's thermal and energy efficiency and are fully compatible with PV roofing solutions, enabling the whole building to become an energy provider. Organic coated steels can also reach a total solar reflectance index (SRI) of more than 80% to minimise heat absorption and reduce energy usage from cooling systems, reducing the heat island effect for high reflectance roofs.
Granite® Ultramat: For durable roofs
Moreover, as a construction product manufacturer, ArcelorMittal Europe proposes an extended range of profiles and sandwich panels for roofing solutions:
• Sandwich panels made of steel have become one of the most recognised solutions for insulated buildings. ArcelorMittal sandwich panels for roofs have a PUR / PIR or mineral wool insulation core and thus have insulating, fire-resistant, and flame-retardant functions. The roof panels are suitable for areas with low or medium high humidity. Sandwich panels are widely used for finishing off sheds, barns, and hall roofs, or food industry buildings with low or even negative temperatures.
• ArcelorMittal also produces Eco roof panels, which are very suitable for agricultural buildings.
By choosing ArcelorMittal’s best in class products, you can extend the lifetime of the roofing system beyond 50 years. Working with us, you receive guaranteed quality and sustainability as our products are certified as free of chromates and heavy metals (compliant with the European REACH regulation). Our XCarb® Recycled and renewably produced offer will soon be available for roofing solutions.