ArcelorMittal Europe offers steel products and solutions that can adapt to most roofing and guttering applications, including:
- A full range of Metallic coated and Organic coated steels for any kind of roofing solution.
- Tile or slate patterns with Granite® Impression Cloudy and Granite® Storm. Roofing tiles made of steel combine a wide range of aesthetics with all the advantages of metal: lightness, option for low slope, ease and speed of installation, resistance to climate, and watertightness.
- Standing seam roofs with Granite® HFX Cool. Standing seams have been used for hundreds of years to seal metal roofs. Typically found in cold climates, the standing seams keep the vulnerable connections above snow level, ensuring they remain dry. Standing seams also provide additional visual interest – whether they are oriented vertically, horizontally, or at an angle. They also enable complex curved and long span roofing solutions. There are different types of standing seam roofing systems available on the market. The first type is made of profiled sheets, which are then assembled on the roof. For the second type, the metal is delivered in sheets or small coils, which are seamed directly on the roof by the installer.
- Rainwater systems with Granite® Rain HDX prepainted steel and Magnelis®.
Related news & technical articles
1500 solar panels for Industeel supported by Magnelis®25 August 2020
Despite the challenges of COVID-19 on our daily and professional lives, some projects have continued and have even been successfully completed these past months. Since March 2020, Industeel's site in Charleroi, Belgium has been equipped with 1512 photovoltaic panels on its roof. The green electricity generated will allow Industeel to produce cost-efficient steel while reducing its CO2 footprint. The panels have been fixed on a steel structure coated with Magnelis®.Project News
ArcelorMittal rails will keep the French Open players dry19 August 2020
From 21 September to 11 October 2020, all eyes will be on the French Open / Roland-Garros tournament. While encouraging Novak, Serena, Rafael, or Roger, we invite you to admire the new retractable roof of the central court! Thanks to ArcelorMittal Rodange rails, your favourite players will be protected from the rain.Project News
EPDs for full range of ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products11 August 2020
With our two newest Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) for Hot rolled and Cold rolled steels, ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products is now the only flat products steel producer in the EU with a full set of EPDs for products and solutions, signalling our commitment to sustainable building.Product News
DIBt technical approval enables SCHRAG to make full use of Magnelis®14 July 2020
Since 2014, ArcelorMittal has been working with the SCHRAG Group to publicise the benefits of Magnelis® in the German and eastern European markets. That cooperation has led to Magnelis® being recognised as an exceptional metallic coating which provides a breakthrough in corrosion protection. In September 2019, the Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik (DIBt) granted Magnelis® a Technical National Approval. This approval recognises that Magnelis® resists corrosion for more than 15 years and allows it to be specified for construction applications in Germany and other markets which rely on DIBt standards. For SCHRAG, it means that Magnelis® can be utilised with confidence in the company’s thin-walled cold-formed components, even when they are deployed in highly corrosive atmospheres.Product News
New EDI Light capabilities allow late specifications of colours and coatings7 July 2020
Ever since ArcelorMittal first introduced SteelUser a decade ago, we have continued to develop our digital tools in collaboration with customers. SteelUser itself has evolved to become a multi-platform communication channel, enabling customers to interact with ArcelorMittal via apps, web services, and electronic tools integrated into their business systems. This has made it possible for customers to get production information, send orders directly to ArcelorMittal, and receive invoices and related documents electronically.In a recent project with Polish customer Inter-Max, ArcelorMittal has added the ability to specify the coating and colour of a product late in the order process electronically. Inter-Max, which uses ArcelorMittal’s EDI Light service, now has full transparency over its orders and can respond quickly and efficiently to demands from their own customers.Product News
Growing partnerships in our Partners section30 June 2020
We value our partners. We are proud to cooperate with the companies and institutions that count on ArcelorMittal's technical know-how and expertise in their mission to create innovative, sustainable, and value-added solutions for their key markets. As our partnerships continue to grow, so has our newest Constructalia section – Partners.Website News
Steel roofing solutions are growing in popularity as architects, designers, and homeowners seek out stylish and modern alternatives to traditional materials. More and more architects are considering roofing as the “fifth facade” of buildings. Metallic roofing offers endless possibilities not only to express creativity, but also to make manufacture affordable.
However, steel roofs are popular due to more than just visually pleasing aesthetics. They are also extremely lightweight, cost-effective, quick and easy to install, and can increase the value of your building as a result of their low maintenance and durability. In addition, they largely contribute to a building's thermal and energy efficiency.
Granite® Ultramat: For durable roofs
Moreover, as a construction product manufacturer, ArcelorMittal Europe proposes an extended range of profiles and sandwich panels for roofing solutions:
- Sandwich panels made of steel have become one of the most recognised solutions for insulated buildings. ArcelorMittal sandwich panels for roofs have a PUR / PIR or mineral wool insulation core and thus have insulating, fire-resistant, and flame-retardant functions. The roof panels are suitable for areas with low or medium high humidity. Sandwich panels are widely used for finishing off sheds, barns, and hall roofs, or food industry buildings with low or even negative temperatures.
- ArcelorMittal also produces Eco roof panels, which are very suitable for agricultural buildings.
By choosing ArcelorMittal’s best in class products, you can extend the lifetime of the roofing system beyond 40 years. Working with us, you receive guaranteed quality and sustainability as our products are certified as free of chromates and heavy metals (compliant with the European REACH regulation and ECCA Premium label).