Our steel builds bridges
At ArcelorMittal, we are proud to contribute to bridge construction as we are able to satisfy the highly demanding technical and service requirements set by designers and contractors.
Among our innovative range of products and solutions, some are particularly bridge-oriented and are ideal for short to very long span projects:
- High strength steels - used to design and erect lighter structures, which are more resistant, more economical, and involve a reduced environmental impact.
- Enhanced weldable steels - very high toughness levels in order to ensure robustness and long-life durability, whatever the local conditions may be.
- Weathering steels - require less maintenance throughout the complete life cycle.
- Sheet piles and reinforcement bars for foundations and piles.
- Prefabricated solutions - delivered on site for short and medium spans.
Related news & technical articles
New! 2021 Steel foundation solutions catalogue21 January 2021
The 2021 edition of ArcelorMittal Sheet Piling’s general catalogue ‘Steel foundation solutions’ is now available!This new edition introduces the new HZ 630M profile for HZ-M/AZ combined walls.Website News
HISTAR® 460 makes a grand entrance in Central America15 October 2020
Due to political and economic issues, as well as a concrete-oriented culture, steel is not a preferred solution in Central America. However, the trend may soon reverse thanks to the first project in the region involving HISTAR®. Beams produced by ArcelorMittal Europe – Long Products’ Differdange mill were used to build a new bridge in Tegucigalpa, the capital of Honduras.Product News
New in our Document library!29 September 2020
Discover what's new in Constructalia's Document library! We've added the newest brochures for ArcelorMittal's Sections and Merchant bars, HISTAR®, ACB® and Angelina® beams with large web openings, and high-rise buildings.Website News
With its wide range of products, ArcelorMittal provides an extensive set of bridge solutions that meet your project performance requirements. Our sales and technical teams are at your disposal in order to continue contributing to the creation of new links between people.
For more than 3000 years, bridges were not perceived to be typical construction works. They have always been a symbol of mankind's skills and knowledge, and they represent the creation of links between people. Therefore, it is no wonder that bridges all around the world are recognised as “landmark constructions” and are visited by thousands of people each year.