Metallic coated steels
Related news & technical articles
Steel is the power behind renewable energy
Headlines throughout the world reveal that a global energy transition is underway. Oil and gas and electricity companies are announcing massive investments and strategic moves that embrace renewable energy.Article
1500 solar panels for Industeel supported by Magnelis®25 August 2020
Despite the challenges of COVID-19 on our daily and professional lives, some projects have continued and have even been successfully completed these past months. Since March 2020, Industeel's site in Charleroi, Belgium has been equipped with 1512 photovoltaic panels on its roof. The green electricity generated will allow Industeel to produce cost-efficient steel while reducing its CO2 footprint. The panels have been fixed on a steel structure coated with Magnelis®.Project News
EPDs for full range of ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products11 August 2020
With our two newest Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) for Hot rolled and Cold rolled steels, ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products is now the only flat products steel producer in the EU with a full set of EPDs for products and solutions, signalling our commitment to sustainable building.Product News
DIBt technical approval enables SCHRAG to make full use of Magnelis®14 July 2020
Since 2014, ArcelorMittal has been working with the SCHRAG Group to publicise the benefits of Magnelis® in the German and eastern European markets. That cooperation has led to Magnelis® being recognised as an exceptional metallic coating which provides a breakthrough in corrosion protection. In September 2019, the Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik (DIBt) granted Magnelis® a Technical National Approval. This approval recognises that Magnelis® resists corrosion for more than 15 years and allows it to be specified for construction applications in Germany and other markets which rely on DIBt standards. For SCHRAG, it means that Magnelis® can be utilised with confidence in the company’s thin-walled cold-formed components, even when they are deployed in highly corrosive atmospheres.Product News
Magnelis® is a flat carbon steel coated on both sides with a zinc-aluminium-magnesium alloy*
- Excellent corrosion resistance - at least 3 times better than galvanised steel in external applications
- Complete edge protection thanks to the self-healing properties of Magnelis® on cut edges
- Outstanding resistance in harsh environments (maritime, chloride, and ammonia atmospheres)
- More cost-effective than batch galvanised steels due to simple manufacturing
- Reduced maintenance costs compared to post painting
The excellent corrosion resistance properties of Magnelis® have been accredited with a Preliminary Technical Evaluation of Material (ETPM) by CSTB (Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment) and certified by a number of other external bodies, among them SP (Science Partner) and DIBT (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik).
* This alloy is composed of 93.5% zinc, 3.5% aluminium, and 3% magnesium.
Best in class
Magnelis® Think Strategy
An innovative metallic coating that offers protection in the harshest environments
Magnelis® can be used in numerous applications:
- Construction: for a wide range of structural applications: sub-structures of ventilated facades, composite floors, purlins for roofs, side rails for walls, rainwater systems, and light steel framing
- Appliances and electrical equipment such as cable trays
- Agriculture & farming: animal housing, silos, greenhouse structures
- Industrial applications
- Infrastructure: safety barriers, lighting poles, road signs, acoustic walls, bridge parapets, etc.
- Solar structures
Magnelis® comes with up to 25-year guarantees for ZM310 depending on the environments and applications.
Magnelis® structural steel gradesMore
Magnelis® - Choose protection against long-term wear and tear