Metallic coated steels
Magnelis® - Choose protection against long-term wear and tear
Related news and technical articles
Outstanding standing seam roofs with Granite® HFX Cool Matt and Magnelis®20 October 2021
Across Europe, standing seam roofs are a key feature in the landscape of many cities and towns. Made from flexible metals, they are an ideal solution for the odd-shaped roofs of apartment blocks and public buildings where every millimetre of space under the roof is utilised. The standing seam provides a high level of resistance to wind and excellent watertightness, making it a popular roofing solution today. Organic coated steels such as the Granite® HFX Cool range from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products offer the necessary pliability, combined with a hard-wearing finish that is guaranteed for up to 20 years. Bevego, a leading provider of roofing solutions and equipment for the Swedish market, recently started utilising the latest product in the range – Granite® HFX Cool Matt.Product News
Steel Construction Institute reports on Magnelis® ZM120 corrosion protection7 October 2021
A report from the Steel Construction Institute (SCI) describes their independent review of the performance of the Magnelis® ZM120 coating for corrosion protection. An innovative metallic coating that offers protection in the harshest environments, Magnelis® is a ZM (zinc-aluminium-magnesium) coating in accordance with EN 10346:2015.Product News
Royal Dutch Mint building makes MIPIM Awards shortlist10 August 2021
Also known as the Dutch Vault, the Royal Dutch Mint in Houten in the Netherlands is one of four buildings shortlisted in the Best Industrial & Logistics Development category for the 2021 MIPIM Awards. The exquisite facade for this iconic building displays high-gloss Granite® Silky Shine from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products.Industry News
Magnelis® is a flat carbon steel coated on both sides with a zinc-aluminium-magnesium alloy*
- Excellent corrosion resistance - at least 3 times better than galvanised steel in external applications
- Complete edge protection thanks to the self-healing properties of Magnelis® on cut edges
- Outstanding resistance in harsh environments (maritime, chloride, and ammonia atmospheres)
- More cost-effective than batch galvanised steels due to simple manufacturing
- Reduced maintenance costs compared to post painting
The excellent corrosion resistance properties of Magnelis® have been accredited with a Preliminary Technical Evaluation of Material (ETPM) by CSTB (Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment) and certified by a number of other external bodies, among them SP (Science Partner) and DIBT (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik).
* This alloy is composed of 93.5% zinc, 3.5% aluminium, and 3% magnesium.
Best in class
Magnelis® Think Strategy
An innovative metallic coating that offers protection in the harshest environments
Magnelis® can be used in numerous applications:
- Construction: for a wide range of structural applications: sub-structures of ventilated facades, composite floors, purlins for roofs, side rails for walls, rainwater systems, and light steel framing
- Appliances and electrical equipment such as cable trays
- Agriculture & farming: animal housing, silos, greenhouse structures
- Industrial applications
- Infrastructure: safety barriers, lighting poles, road signs, acoustic walls, bridge parapets, etc.
- Solar structures
Magnelis® comes with up to 25-year guarantees for ZM310 depending on the environments and applications.