Metallic coated steels
Magnelis® - protection against long-term wear and tear
Magnelis® for solar applications (no audio)
Related news and technical articles
Watch the webinar: Mounted PV - Steel foundations explored8 December 2023
In partnership with pv magazine, ArcelorMittal presented a webinar on solutions for strong foundation design and durability, including options for reducing environmental impact as part of its XCarb® recycled and renewably produced steel programme. Watch the replay here!Industry news
Shaking hands on a significantly lower CO2 footprint7 December 2023
KS Service Center is the first steel service centre in The Netherlands to buy Magnelis® steel which was produced by ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products using the XCarb® recycled and renewably produced route.ArcelorMittal and KS Service Center held a small ceremony to mark the first delivery of ArcelorMittal’s XCarb® recycled and renewably produced Magnelis® steels to the KS Service Center premises in Moerdijk, Belgium. To further emphasise and to put into practice the focus on sustainability, the XCarb® recycled and renewably produced steel with Magnelis® coating was shipped using electric trucks.Product news
Magnelis® is a flat carbon steel coated on both sides with a zinc-aluminium-magnesium alloy*
- Excellent corrosion resistance - at least 3 times better than galvanised steel in external applications
- Complete edge protection thanks to the self-healing properties of Magnelis® on cut edges
- Outstanding resistance in harsh environments (maritime, chloride, and ammonia atmospheres)
- More cost-effective than batch galvanised steels due to simple manufacturing
- Reduced maintenance costs compared to post painting
The excellent corrosion resistance properties of Magnelis® have been accredited with a Preliminary Technical Evaluation of Material (ETPM) by CSTB (Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment) and certified by a number of other external bodies, among them SP (Science Partner) and DIBT (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik).
* This alloy is composed of 93.5% zinc, 3.5% aluminium, and 3% magnesium.
Magnelis® structural steel grades
Best in class
Magnelis® Think Strategy
An innovative metallic coating that offers protection in the harshest environments
Magnelis® can be used in numerous applications:
- Construction: for a wide range of structural applications: sub-structures of ventilated facades, composite floors, purlins for roofs, side rails for walls, rainwater systems, and light steel framing
- Appliances and electrical equipment such as cable trays
- Agriculture & farming: animal housing, silos, greenhouse structures
- Industrial applications
- Infrastructure: safety barriers, lighting poles, road signs, acoustic walls, bridge parapets, etc.
- Solar structures
Magnelis® comes with up to 25-year guarantees for ZM310 depending on the environments and applications.