Metallic coated steels
Related news & technical articles
Steels for solar energy generation systems3 November 2020
Solar photovoltaic plants are designed to last at least 20 to 25 years. They are built in various climates (tropical, industrial, etc.), locations (sea shores, islands, etc.), or geological soils (including the most aggressive).Product News
Taking car parks to the next level with Magnelis®27 October 2020
Demand for convenient car parking is rising dramatically. However, the land available for parking is severely limited in many locations. This is making multi-storey car parks a very attractive option in city centres, near transport hubs, and at public buildings such as hospitals. To meet this demand in a cost-effective way, Kingspan, a leading building materials company, has developed a complete portfolio of solutions for car park builders. A key element is Magnelis® from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products which Kingspan uses to form the deck of each level in the car park. As well as cost-effective forming and quick assembly, Magnelis® offers long-term protection against corrosion to ensure the safety and viability of parking structures.Product News
Steel is the power behind renewable energy
Headlines throughout the world reveal that a global energy transition is underway. Oil and gas and electricity companies are announcing massive investments and strategic moves that embrace renewable energy.Article
1500 solar panels for Industeel supported by Magnelis®25 August 2020
Despite the challenges of COVID-19 on our daily and professional lives, some projects have continued and have even been successfully completed these past months. Since March 2020, Industeel's site in Charleroi, Belgium has been equipped with 1512 photovoltaic panels on its roof. The green electricity generated will allow Industeel to produce cost-efficient steel while reducing its CO2 footprint. The panels have been fixed on a steel structure coated with Magnelis®.Project News
Magnelis® is a flat carbon steel coated on both sides with a zinc-aluminium-magnesium alloy*
- Excellent corrosion resistance - at least 3 times better than galvanised steel in external applications
- Complete edge protection thanks to the self-healing properties of Magnelis® on cut edges
- Outstanding resistance in harsh environments (maritime, chloride, and ammonia atmospheres)
- More cost-effective than batch galvanised steels due to simple manufacturing
- Reduced maintenance costs compared to post painting
The excellent corrosion resistance properties of Magnelis® have been accredited with a Preliminary Technical Evaluation of Material (ETPM) by CSTB (Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment) and certified by a number of other external bodies, among them SP (Science Partner) and DIBT (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik).
* This alloy is composed of 93.5% zinc, 3.5% aluminium, and 3% magnesium.
Best in class
Magnelis® Think Strategy
An innovative metallic coating that offers protection in the harshest environments
Magnelis® can be used in numerous applications:
- Construction: for a wide range of structural applications: sub-structures of ventilated facades, composite floors, purlins for roofs, side rails for walls, rainwater systems, and light steel framing
- Appliances and electrical equipment such as cable trays
- Agriculture & farming: animal housing, silos, greenhouse structures
- Industrial applications
- Infrastructure: safety barriers, lighting poles, road signs, acoustic walls, bridge parapets, etc.
- Solar structures
Magnelis® comes with up to 25-year guarantees for ZM310 depending on the environments and applications.
Magnelis® structural steel gradesMore
Magnelis® - Choose protection against long-term wear and tear