Metallic coated steels
Related news & technical articles
Steligence® webinar 5 May: Discover Magnelis®16 April 2021
Join Steligence® for this free English-language webinar on Wednesday 5 May 2021 at 13.00 CET.Topic: Looking for flat steels highly protective against corrosion for your building? Discover Magnelis®Presenter: Jérôme Guth, ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat ProductsClick here to register.Event News
Royal Dutch Mint building wins Infosteel Steel Construction Award3 March 2021
The Royal Dutch Mint building, known as the Dutch Vault, in Houten in the Netherlands has won the People’s Choice Award at the 2020 Infosteel Steel Construction Competition. The spectacular facade for this iconic building was made with high-gloss Granite® Silky Shine from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products.Industry News
Magnelis® is helping to fuel Eastern Europe's increase in renewable energy23 February 2021
Government incentives and lower infrastructure costs are driving the boom in solar energy across Eastern Europe. Magnelis®, from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products, is increasing the attractiveness of solar for investors as it extends the lifespan of solar farms. Two of Poland’s largest manufacturers of photovoltaic support systems are Energy5 and Corab. Both use Magnelis® to create long-lasting solar farms which will generate clean energy for decades to come. In solar farm applications, ArcelorMittal offers long-term guarantees on Magnelis® of up to 25 years. This ensures that new solar farms will provide an adequate return on the investment over their lifetime. Both Corab and Energy5 are using the advantages of Magnelis® to move beyond Poland and explore opportunities in nearby countries, and even further afield.Product News
Steels for solar energy generation systems3 November 2020
Solar photovoltaic plants are designed to last at least 20 to 25 years. They are built in various climates (tropical, industrial, etc.), locations (sea shores, islands, etc.), or geological soils (including the most aggressive).Product News
Magnelis® is a flat carbon steel coated on both sides with a zinc-aluminium-magnesium alloy*
- Excellent corrosion resistance - at least 3 times better than galvanised steel in external applications
- Complete edge protection thanks to the self-healing properties of Magnelis® on cut edges
- Outstanding resistance in harsh environments (maritime, chloride, and ammonia atmospheres)
- More cost-effective than batch galvanised steels due to simple manufacturing
- Reduced maintenance costs compared to post painting
The excellent corrosion resistance properties of Magnelis® have been accredited with a Preliminary Technical Evaluation of Material (ETPM) by CSTB (Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment) and certified by a number of other external bodies, among them SP (Science Partner) and DIBT (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik).
* This alloy is composed of 93.5% zinc, 3.5% aluminium, and 3% magnesium.
Best in class
Magnelis® Think Strategy
An innovative metallic coating that offers protection in the harshest environments
Magnelis® can be used in numerous applications:
- Construction: for a wide range of structural applications: sub-structures of ventilated facades, composite floors, purlins for roofs, side rails for walls, rainwater systems, and light steel framing
- Appliances and electrical equipment such as cable trays
- Agriculture & farming: animal housing, silos, greenhouse structures
- Industrial applications
- Infrastructure: safety barriers, lighting poles, road signs, acoustic walls, bridge parapets, etc.
- Solar structures
Magnelis® comes with up to 25-year guarantees for ZM310 depending on the environments and applications.
Magnelis® structural steel gradesMore
Magnelis® - Choose protection against long-term wear and tear