For more than 30 years, ArcelorMittal Europe has recognised the importance of construction refurbishment and has a complete offer of modified products and solutions:
- Sheet piles, columns, tubes, and welded sections for addition to or consolidation of existing foundations.
- Structural sections or light steel frame solutions for vertical or horizontal extensions on existing buildings, combined with high strength steel grades for lighter structures.
- Composite flooring solutions, such as Cofraplus®, enable an increase in load bearing capacity on existing structures whatever the material may be.
- Full range of metallic coated and organic coated steels, but also profiles, sandwich panels, and cassettes to create a new envelope system that improves both the aesthetics and the energy efficiency of existing buildings.
- Services such as products delivered directly on site with adapted logistics to meet site constraints, especially in urban areas.
ArcelorMittal’s products and solutions for renovation can be adapted and modified to suit any project and have proven to be efficient in very demanding local conditions.
ArcelorMittal has developed a complete range of products and construction solutions adapted to construction renovation.
Renovation is increasingly becoming the chosen strategy to enhance energy efficiency, comfort, adaptability, and flexibility and to renew buildings’ aesthetics. It is also a highly utilised approach to improve the attractiveness of historical urban areas. Renovation augments construction sustainability and the contribution of the construction segment to the economy.
Related news and technical articles
Our steel found in mint condition in 1904 house9 February 2021
In the city of Bonn in Germany, steel beams produced by ArcelorMittal's Differdange mill were recently discovered in perfect condition in a centenary house during a remodelling project.Product News
Ateliers 3S - Downtown chic with Granite®17 November 2020
Ateliers 3S create contemporary looks for urban areas with ArcelorMittal organic coated steels. Bacacier is a leading supplier of steel roofing, cladding, and flooring applications for industrial and commercial buildings in France. In 2012, the company created a new entity – Ateliers 3S – to work closely with architects who were building or refurbishing buildings in the centres of cities around Europe. Using organic coated steels from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products, Ateliers 3S have developed a range of signature products specifically for the urban environment. One of the latest is the New York® range which allows architects to play with shapes and shades using a ‘toolbox’ of solutions.Product News
Composite flooring solution for Patershof Hotel: steel deck & extra light concrete
The site of the Martin's Patershof Hotel – the result of renovating and transforming a church into a four star hotel – was the first to implement an innovative solution combining composite flooring with lightweight concrete, namely Cofraplus® 77 LS, with Argex concrete consisting of expanded clay aggregates. This project was the culmination of nearly two years of research and development by ArcelorMittal Research Centre and the close attention paid by the engineers to ArcelorMittal Construction's prescription to meet the needs of the builder-promoter.Article