For more than 30 years, ArcelorMittal Europe has recognised the importance of construction refurbishment and has a complete offer of modified products and solutions:
- Sheet piles, columns, tubes, and welded sections for addition to or consolidation of existing foundations.
- Structural sections or light steel frame solutions for vertical or horizontal extensions on existing buildings, combined with high strength steel grades for lighter structures.
- Composite flooring solutions, such as Cofraplus®, enable an increase in load bearing capacity on existing structures whatever the material may be.
- Full range of metallic coated and organic coated steels, but also profiles, sandwich panels, and cassettes to create a new envelope system that improves both the aesthetics and the energy efficiency of existing buildings.
- Services such as products delivered directly on site with adapted logistics to meet site constraints, especially in urban areas.
ArcelorMittal’s products and solutions for renovation can be adapted and modified to suit any project and have proven to be efficient in very demanding local conditions.
ArcelorMittal has developed a complete range of products and construction solutions adapted to construction renovation.
Renovation is increasingly becoming the chosen strategy to enhance energy efficiency, comfort, adaptability, and flexibility and to renew buildings’ aesthetics. It is also a highly utilised approach to improve the attractiveness of historical urban areas. Renovation augments construction sustainability and the contribution of the construction segment to the economy.
Related news and technical articles
Education wrapped in steel17 May 2022
Education escorts us throughout our entire lives – as do the buildings in which we acquire our knowledge and skills. We recollect their architecture, interior design, pieces of furniture, and even their smells. Some have impressed us more than others, but none of them have left us indifferent. In our memories, these buildings are profoundly connected to our experiences and emotions, including the people we connected with there.Over the last few decades, education has evolved and so have the requirements for educational buildings. Architectural design has significantly increased in importance, technology has conquered interior design, and user comfort is a key concern, all of which are important factors accompanying the learning experience. Architecturally attractive buildings not only express the prestige and status of institutions but contribute to a sense of wellbeing for their users.Project news
Our steel found in mint condition in 1904 house9 February 2021
In the city of Bonn in Germany, steel beams produced by ArcelorMittal's Differdange mill were recently discovered in perfect condition in a centenary house during a remodelling project.Product news
Ateliers 3S - Downtown chic with Granite®17 November 2020
Ateliers 3S create contemporary looks for urban areas with ArcelorMittal organic coated steels. Bacacier is a leading supplier of steel roofing, cladding, and flooring applications for industrial and commercial buildings in France. In 2012, the company created a new entity – Ateliers 3S – to work closely with architects who were building or refurbishing buildings in the centres of cities around Europe. Using organic coated steels from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products, Ateliers 3S have developed a range of signature products specifically for the urban environment. One of the latest is the New York® range which allows architects to play with shapes and shades using a ‘toolbox’ of solutions.Product news