Cofraplus® floor decks are trapezoidal steel sheets with open ribs and specific embossment to ensure composite action with concrete.
Cofraplus® 60 guarantees economical transportation and quick installation. The deck is normally manufactured from 0.75 mm gauge steel, but also available in 0.88 mm and 1.00 mm. The profile is designed for medium spans (up to 3.6 m) without props over two continuous bays and total slab thicknesses of 100 to 280 mm.
Cofraplus® 77 benefits from the advantages of the Cofraplus® range: with thicknesses of 0.75 mm, 0.88 mm, and 1.00 mm it takes its performance further and exceeds unpropped spans in the construction stage up to 4.2 m over two continuous bays. At an equivalent applied load, it exceeds greater spans in the composite stage and can be laid with slabs with a thickness of 120 to 280 mm.
The sheets can be pre-punched to pass the shear connectors of composite beams.
News and Articles
The new NATO headquarters, made with ArcelorMittal Europe steel6 June 2017
ArcelorMittal Europe provided steel for the construction of the new NATO headquarters in Brussels. The building was officially inaugurated on May 25, 2017 in the presence of NATO's heads of state.Project News
The New Bordeaux Stadium With ArcelorMittal Steel13 June 2016
For the Euro 2016 celebrated in France, the city of Bordeaux received a new stadium designed by the renowned Swiss architectural practice Herzog & de Meuron. ArcelorMittal supplied steel sections, tubes, cladding sheets and composite flooring profiles for this new building.Project News
Extension of the Geric Supermarket in Thionville22 June 2009
The new Geric supermarket and car park structure are really innovative structures for the French market. The construction techniques used for this project are applying the last innovations in term of structural calculation and fire engineering.Article
Best in Class
ArcelorMittal’s Cofraplus® composite floor deck offers significant weight, time, and cost savings. There are more reasons why it is the best solution for most projects with spans up to 4.5 m:
• Cofraplus® acts as a horizontal wind brace and contributes to the stability of the entire building.
• The shape of the ribs ensures perfect connection with the concrete.
• It is a safe working platform before pouring concrete.
• Substantial savings can be achieved in construction weight, time and, therefore, cost.
• Fire resistance of 30 minutes without additional reinforcement.
• Cofraplus® sheets are stackable: easy handling, little storage space, and efficient transport.
• Manual installation, no cranes are necessary on site.
• Easy handling and quick installation guarantee the flexibility required in renovation works.
• Cofraplus® profiles can be made of pre-painted steel.
• The use of composite floor systems allows for irregular shapes, curves, and special floor openings.
• The reduced weight facilitates dismantling and recycling at the end of a building's service life.
The web-based design tool Cofra5 is free of charge and offers assistance in the calculation of ArcelorMittal’s composite flooring solutions.