Cofraplus® floor decks are trapezoidal steel sheets with open ribs and specific embossment to ensure composite action with concrete.
Cofraplus® 60 guarantees economical transportation and quick installation. The deck is normally manufactured from 0.75 mm gauge steel, but also available in 0.88 mm and 1.00 mm. The profile is designed for medium spans (up to 3.6 m) without props over two continuous bays and total slab thicknesses of 100 to 280 mm.
Cofraplus® 77 benefits from the advantages of the Cofraplus® range: with thicknesses of 0.75 mm, 0.88 mm, and 1.00 mm it takes its performance further and exceeds unpropped spans in the construction stage up to 4.2 m over two continuous bays. At an equivalent applied load, it exceeds greater spans in the composite stage and can be laid with slabs with a thickness of 120 to 280 mm.
The sheets can be pre-punched to pass the shear connectors of composite beams.
Related news & technical articles
ArcelorMittal launches Steligence®, a radical and disruptive concept19 June 2018
ArcelorMittal continues to leap forward in steel solutions with the release of Steligence®. Ushering in a new wave of high-performance building and construction techniques, this fresh and innovative concept ensures that each steel component interacts in a complementary way.Corporate News
Composite flooring solution for Patershof Hotel: steel deck & extra light concrete
The site of the Hotel Martin's Patershof – the result of renovating and transforming a church into a four star hotel – was the first to implement an innovative solution combining composite flooring / lightweight concrete, namely Cofraplus 77 LS, with Argex concrete consisting of expanded clay aggregates. This project was the culmination of nearly two years of research and development by ArcelorMittal Research Center and the close attention paid by the engineers to Arval’s prescription to meet the needs of the builder-promoter.Article
Best in class
ArcelorMittal’s Cofraplus® composite floor deck offers significant weight, time, and cost savings. There are more reasons why it is the best solution for most projects with spans up to 4.5 m:
• Cofraplus® acts as a horizontal wind brace and contributes to the stability of the entire building.
• The shape of the ribs ensures perfect connection with the concrete.
• It is a safe working platform before pouring concrete.
• Substantial savings can be achieved in construction weight, time and, therefore, cost.
• Fire resistance of 30 minutes without additional reinforcement.
• Cofraplus® sheets are stackable: easy handling, little storage space, and efficient transport.
• Manual installation, no cranes are necessary on site.
• Easy handling and quick installation guarantee the flexibility required in renovation works.
• Cofraplus® profiles can be made of pre-painted steel.
• The use of composite floor systems allows for irregular shapes, curves, and special floor openings.
• The reduced weight facilitates dismantling and recycling at the end of a building's service life.
The web-based design tool Cofra5 is free of charge and offers assistance in the calculation of ArcelorMittal’s composite flooring solutions.