Related news & technical articles
ArcelorMittal and Borusan Mannesmann work closely to realise high-spec pipeline project6 May 2019
The global oil and gas industry places some of the most stringent requirements on steel to ensure the long-term safety and security of energy networks. Nowhere are these requirements higher than in the United States. That’s why Borusan Mannesmann, a leading supplier to the industry, turned to ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products when they required steel for a new pipeline project in Texas. The 1.75 billion USD project will transport up to 56 million cubic metres (1.98 billion cubic feet) of natural gas daily from the Texas oilfields to the Atlantic coast.Project News
Large Synoptic Survey Telescope built with ArcelorMittal steel16 November 2018
Good news for astronomy enthusiasts: the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST), which will be located in Chile, is currently being built with ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products’ steel plates produced in Gijón, Spain. Once in service, this powerful telescope, equipped with a 3.2-billion-pixel camera, will make a survey of the universe in 3D.Project News
S355 Structural steel grades
Structural steels are mainly used in building and civil engineering applications.
S355 Structural steel grades are carbon-manganese steels with guaranteed minimum mechanical properties (yield strength and tensile strength) and with satisfactory ductility.
Structural steels offer good weldability with all conventional welding processes. In addition to their excellent mechanical properties, structural steels have satisfactory toughness values, especially with +N or +M.
Since 1 July 2013, the Construction Products Regulation (Regulation (EU) No. 305/2011 – CPR) has required that CE marking be affixed to all products delivered in accordance with a harmonised standard. This CE marking guarantees, for the uses defined in the standard, the properties described in the declaration of performance submitted by the manufacturer. All of the steels in this data description comply with this regulation.
- Dimensions up to 150mm & 3300mm
- Plate weight up to 15t (18t with mill acceptance)
- Steel grades range from S235 to S460 corresponding to European standards
- Grades corresponding to ASTM or ASME are also available
- Other options are available on demand such as chemical adjustment to improve CEV, transverse impact testing, improved deformation properties perpendicular to the surface of the product as per EN 10164 (Z test), and ultrasonic testing
Wide range of carbon and weathering steel grades
ArcelorMittal Europe Flat products is one of the key leaders in Europe for heavy plates (quarto plates) with one of the most extensive offers in:
- Steel grade capabilities covering almost the entire range of applications in building, civil engineering, and offshore and renewable energy
- Dimensions and weight
- Geographical coverage thanks to the mill located in Gijon (Spain)
The product range from the mill includes:
- Structural steels
- High yield strength steels for cold forming - thermomechanical steels
- High yield strength steels for cold forming - normalised or normalised rolled steels
- Steels with improved atmospheric corrosion resistance - Indaten®
- Weldable fine grain structural steels - thermomechanical rolled steels
- Weldable fine grain structural steels - normalised or normalised rolled steels
- Weldable structural steels for fixed offshore structures
- Steels for shipbuilding
- Steels for pipes
- Steels for pressure vessels and boilers
Since 1 July 2013, the Construction Products Regulation (Regulation (EU) No. 305/2011 – CPR) has required that CE marking be affixed to all products delivered in accordance with a harmonised standard (e.g. EN 10025 for structural steel). This CE marking guarantees the properties described in the declaration of performance submitted by the manufacturer for the uses defined in the standard.
||Designation||Direction||Thickness||Re||Rm||A 5.65√So||KV 20°C||KV 0°C||KV -10°C||KV -20°C||KV -30°C||KV -40°C
|EN 10027-1||EN 10027-2||(mm)||(MPa)||(MPa)||(%)||(J)||(J)||(J)||(J)||(J)||(J)||(J)|
|EN Standard||Designation||Thickness||C (%)||Mn (%)||P (%)||S (%)||Si (%)||Al (%)||Cu (%)||Cr (%)||Ni (%)||Nb (%)||V (%)||Ti (%)||N (%)||Ceq (%)||Mo (%)|
|EN 10027-1||EN 10027-2||(mm)|