Metallic coated steels
Magnelis® - protection against long-term wear and tear
Magnelis® for solar applications (no audio)
Related news and technical articles
Swegon presents its first concept air handling unit made with ArcelorMittal’s low carbon emissions steel27 November 2023
Swegon presented its first product made from steel with low CO2 emissions – GOLD RX – at the ISH trade fair in Frankfurt. As ventilation units are primarily made of steel, there is considerable potential to reduce the carbon footprint of embodied carbon in production by replacing traditional steel with steel that has a lower carbon footprint.Product news
JACK MULLER becomes first steel service centre in the Netherlands to stock XCarb® organic coated products24 October 2023
JACK MULLER, an independent steel service centre based in the Netherlands, has become the first in the country to stock XCarb® recycled and renewably produced steel. The company now has a stock of Granite® HDS which was produced by ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products using the XCarb® recycled and renewably produced route.Product news
Magnelis® is a flat carbon steel coated on both sides with a zinc-aluminium-magnesium alloy*
- Excellent corrosion resistance - at least 3 times better than galvanised steel in external applications
- Complete edge protection thanks to the self-healing properties of Magnelis® on cut edges
- Outstanding resistance in harsh environments (maritime, chloride, and ammonia atmospheres)
- More cost-effective than batch galvanised steels due to simple manufacturing
- Reduced maintenance costs compared to post painting
The excellent corrosion resistance properties of Magnelis® have been accredited with a Preliminary Technical Evaluation of Material (ETPM) by CSTB (Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment) and certified by a number of other external bodies, among them SP (Science Partner) and DIBT (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik).
* This alloy is composed of 93.5% zinc, 3.5% aluminium, and 3% magnesium.
Magnelis® structural steel grades
Best in class
Magnelis® Think Strategy
An innovative metallic coating that offers protection in the harshest environments
Magnelis® can be used in numerous applications:
- Construction: for a wide range of structural applications: sub-structures of ventilated facades, composite floors, purlins for roofs, side rails for walls, rainwater systems, and light steel framing
- Appliances and electrical equipment such as cable trays
- Agriculture & farming: animal housing, silos, greenhouse structures
- Industrial applications
- Infrastructure: safety barriers, lighting poles, road signs, acoustic walls, bridge parapets, etc.
- Solar structures
Magnelis® comes with up to 25-year guarantees for ZM310 depending on the environments and applications.