Metallic Coated Steels
News and Articles
Magnelis® PV frame by Hanwha Q CELLS wins 2017 Intersolar award10 August 2017
A new steel mounting system developed by Hanwha Q CELLS has won a 2017 Intersolar innovation award. The revolutionary design replaces traditional aluminium frames which support the photovoltaic (PV) modules on a solar mounting rack. By utilising ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products’ breakthrough Magnelis® coating, Hanwha Q CELLS have significantly reduced the carbon footprint and cost of PV installations.Products News
ArcelorMittal Ostrava to deliver 23km of safety barriers with self-healing Magnelis® coating20 June 2017
Two newly rebuilt sections of the Czech Republic’s D1 motorway will be equipped with safety barriers manufactured by ArcelorMittal Ostrava, using the company’s revolutionary Magnelis® coating. A total of 900 tonnes of one and two-way traffic barriers will be installed between June and November this year.Project News
House extension with Magnelis® steel frame3 May 2017
Light weight, quick construction & cost efficiency, combined with excellent corrosion resistance: the reasons for choosing a Magnelis coated light steel frame for the extension of his brick house were very convincing for ArcelorMittal employee Patrick Tavernier.Project News
Russian grain industry gets Magnelis® protection23 March 2017
The SKESS Corporation is one of Russia’s leading suppliers of grain silos and grain processing equipment. The company recently started to use Magnelis® coated steel from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products for elements of its silos and related products. Magnelis® is an ideal corrosion protection solution for grain silos as it is compatible with food applications and very easy to process.Products News
Magnelis® is a flat carbon steel coated on both sides with a zinc-aluminium-magnesium alloy*.
- Excellent corrosion resistance - at least 3 times better than galvanised steel in external applications
- Complete edge protection thanks to the self-healing properties of Magnelis® on cut edges
- Outstanding resistance in harsh environments (maritime, chloride and ammonia atmospheres)
- More cost-effective than batch galvanised steels, due to simple manufacture
- Reduced maintenance cost compared to post painting
The excellent corrosion resistance properties of Magnelis® have been accredited with a Preliminary Technical Evaluation of Material (ETPM) by CSTB (Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment) and certified by a number of other external bodies, among them SP (Science Partner) and DIBT (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik).
* This alloy is composed of 93.5% zinc, 3.5% aluminium and 3% magnesium,
** C5: the most severe environment
Best in Class
Magnelis® Think Strategy
An innovative metallic coating that offers protection in the harshest environments
Magnelis® can be used in numerous applications:
- Construction: for a wide range of structural applications: sub-structures of ventilated facades, composite floors, purlins for roofs, side rails for walls, rainwater systems and light steel framing.
- Appliances and electrical equipment such as cable trays
- Agriculture & farming: animal housing, silos, greenhouse structures
- Industrial applications
- Infrastructure: safety barriers, lighting poles, road signs, acoustic walls, bridge parapets,…
- Solar structures
Magnelis® comes with up to 25 years guarantees for ZM310, depending on the environments and applications.
Magnelis® - Choose protection against long-term wear and tear
Projects with Magnelis®