Metallic Coated Steels
News and Articles
Russian grain industry gets Magnelis® protection23 March 2017
The SKESS Corporation is one of Russia’s leading suppliers of grain silos and grain processing equipment. The company recently started to use Magnelis® coated steel from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products for elements of its silos and related products. Magnelis® is an ideal corrosion protection solution for grain silos as it is compatible with food applications and very easy to process.Products News
High Strength Steel and Magnelis® Contribute to Road Safety in Chile15 March 2017
Together with Chilean manufacturer Tecnovial, ArcelorMittal’s Global R&D division has recently completed the development of a road safety barrier. The new barrier utilises high strength steel from ArcelorMittal and our unique Magnelis® coating to provide durable solutions for Chile’s roads.Products News
Magnelis® is a flat carbon steel coated on both sides with a zinc-aluminium-magnesium alloy*.
- Excellent corrosion resistance - at least 3 times better than galvanised steel in external applications
- Complete edge protection thanks to the self-healing properties of Magnelis® on cut edges
- Outstanding resistance in harsh environments (maritime, chloride and ammonia atmospheres)
- More cost-effective than batch galvanised steels, due to simple manufacture
- Reduced maintenance cost compared to post painting
The excellent corrosion resistance properties of Magnelis® have been accredited with a Preliminary Technical Evaluation of Material (ETPM) by CSTB (Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment) and certified by a number of other external bodies, among them SP (Science Partner) and DIBT (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik).
* This alloy is composed of 93.5% zinc, 3.5% aluminium and 3% magnesium,
** C5: the most severe environment
Best in Class
Magnelis® Think Strategy
An innovative metallic coating that offers protection in the harshest environments
Magnelis® can be used in numerous applications:
- Construction: for a wide range of structural applications: sub-structures of ventilated facades, composite floors, purlins for roofs, side rails for walls, rainwater systems and light steel framing.
- Appliances and electrical equipment such as cable trays
- Agriculture & farming: animal housing, silos, greenhouse structures
- Industrial applications
- Infrastructure: safety barriers, lighting poles, road signs, acoustic walls, bridge parapets,…
- Solar structures
Magnelis® comes with up to 25 years guarantees for ZM310, depending on the environments and applications.
Magnelis® - Choose protection against long-term wear and tear
Projects with Magnelis®