Related news and technical articles
Education wrapped in steel17 May 2022
Education escorts us throughout our entire lives – as do the buildings in which we acquire our knowledge and skills. We recollect their architecture, interior design, pieces of furniture, and even their smells. Some have impressed us more than others, but none of them have left us indifferent. In our memories, these buildings are profoundly connected to our experiences and emotions, including the people we connected with there.Over the last few decades, education has evolved and so have the requirements for educational buildings. Architectural design has significantly increased in importance, technology has conquered interior design, and user comfort is a key concern, all of which are important factors accompanying the learning experience. Architecturally attractive buildings not only express the prestige and status of institutions but contribute to a sense of wellbeing for their users.Project news
Pre-design of cellular beams: software updates for ACB+ and ANGELINA now available20 April 2022
ArcelorMittal Europe - Long Products has released updated versions of its pre-design tools for steel or composite cellular beams: ACB+ version 4.02 for ArcelorMittal's ACB® beams with circular web openings and ANGELINA version 4.06 for Angelina® beams, characterised by their large sinusoidal openings.Website news
Tutorials available for Advance Bridge Expert pre-design software4 April 2022
After the release of the new Advance Bridge Expert software in 2021, ArcelorMittal has now released a series of three tutorials for this pre-design tool for composite bridges with hot rolled sections. The software was developed by Graitec with support from ArcelorMittal.Product news
ArcelorMittal's range of hot rolled sections includes:
- European IPE, IPN, HE, HLZ, HL, HD, HP, UPE, UPN, and U sections
- American W, S HP, C, and MC shapes
- British UB, J, UC, UBP, PFC, and CH shapes
- Russian HG and UE sections
- Japanese H sections
Available steel grades:
- standard steel grades (according to EN 10025-2, EN 10025-4, ASTM, GOST, & JIS)
- HISTAR® steels (355 MPa and 460 MPa yield strength) with improved weldability and toughness
- Arcorox® weathering steel grades according to EN 10025-5 / ASTM A588 for sustainable, decorative, and cost-efficient structures with uncoated steel sections
- steel grades for specific required performances like elevated service temperatures or very high requirement levels like offshore platforms
The widest range of shapes
ArcelorMittal offers the widest range of hot rolled steel shapes in a number of common and high strength steel grades according to European, American, British, Russian, and Japanese standards.
Furthermore, ArcelorMittal is continuously developing innovative construction solutions for sustainable and economic steel and composite structures. Different types of cellular beams, shallow floor systems, composite mega-columns, and prefabricated beams for composite bridges are just a few examples of ArcelorMittal's efforts in this field.
- technical assistance to optimise the use of our products and solutions (free design tools & technical advisory)
- wide range of finishing services (surface protection, welding, cutting, bending, etc.)
With its new low emission brand XCarb® Recycled and renewably produced, ArcelorMittal now offers structural steel sections produced via the EAF (Electric Arc Furnace) route from 100% recycled material using 100% renewable energy. This way, steel sections are produced with a CO2 footprint as low as 0.33 per tonne, which contributes to reducing the embedded carbon footprint of buildings and infrastructure.