At ArcelorMittal Europe, we offer a full range of products, solutions, and services for footbridge designers and contractors:
- High strength steels - used to design and erect light structures that are more resistant, more economical, and have a reduced environmental impact.
- Enhanced weldable steels - in order to ensure robustness and long-life durability, whatever the local conditions may be.
- Weathering steels - requiring less maintenance along the complete life cycle and giving structures a very innovative appearance.
- Sheet piles and reinforcement bars - for foundations and piles.
- Prefabricated solutions, including curved girders - delivered on site to reduce erection time and avoid traffic disruption.
All of the above capabilities have been recognised and valued by our customers, and we are proud to have contributed to some of the most recently erected landmark footbridges in Europe.
Related news & technical articles
ArcelorMittal tubes in the longest treetop path in the world19 May 2022
ArcelorMittal Europe – Tubular Products supplied tubes for the 'Senda dil Dragun', the longest treetop path in the world, located in Laax, Switzerland, offering an interactive and unique nature experience for all visitors.Project news
Matière uses high strength ArcelorMittal steels to provide vital bridges in remote areas5 May 2020
The French company Matière first introduced its Unibridge® concept in 2004. Today these patented structures are shipped around the world where they are used as permanent or temporary crossings for vehicles and pedestrians. Thanks to their modular nature and ease of construction, the Unibridge® is particularly popular in remote regions where materials and skilled workers are hard to find. The solution uses ArcelorMittal’s S355K2+N and S460M high strength steel plates which are known for their durability, giving the Unibridge® a 100-year design life.Product news
New EPD for heavy plates & structural steels4 May 2020
ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products has released a new EPD (Environmental Product Declaration) for heavy plates and structural steels.Product news
Throughout its wide range of products, ArcelorMittal provides an extensive set of solutions that meet footbridge performance and aesthetics requirements.
Footbridges are a symbol of soft transportation mode development in urban areas.
Like any other bridge, footbridges must be long enough to cross the obstacle below and high enough not to interfere with whatever passes beneath the bridge.
However, it is an increasingly common requirement for footbridges to be ‘landmark structures’. Therefore, the appearance of the structure is met with more attention than usual.
In most footbridge cases, a fairly light structure is required as the loads they carry are quite modest. This may result in some very innovative and unique forms of construction.