For decades, ArcelorMittal has been a partner of steel fabricators involved in composite bridge construction.
Within our full range of products and solutions, many are especially suitable for composite bridges:
- High strength steels - used to design and erect lighter structures, which are more resistant, more economical, and have less of an environmental impact.
- Thick plates - enhanced weldable steels with very high toughness levels in order to ensure robustness and long-life durability whatever the local conditions may be. In addition, they provide savings in welding and erection. Also used for bridge bearing production with improved flatness performances.
- Weathering steels, Indaten® or Arcorox®, require less maintenance during their complete life cycle.
- Sheet piles - for foundations and piles.
- Reinforcement bars - for the concrete decks connected to the steel frame.
- Prefabricated solutions - delivered on site for short and medium spans.
Related news and technical articles
Advance Bridge Expert software update available22 August 2022
ArcelorMittal has released an updated and debugged version of its Advance Bridge Expert software, a pre-design tool for composite bridges with hot rolled sections. The software was developed by Graitec with support from ArcelorMittal.Product news
New SiCA: Steel in Construction Academy lectures available!8 June 2022
Two new lectures have just been added to SiCA: Steel in Construction Academy for the design of steel and composite bridges with even more lectures coming soon!Website news
Tutorials available for Advance Bridge Expert pre-design software4 April 2022
After the release of the new Advance Bridge Expert software in 2021, ArcelorMittal has now released a series of three tutorials for this pre-design tool for composite bridges with hot rolled sections. The software was developed by Graitec with support from ArcelorMittal.Product news
Composite steel and concrete bridges are considered as the most robust and competitive solution for medium span road, motorway, and railway bridges. ArcelorMittal provides an extensive set of solutions that meet your project performance requirements.
In the last 20 years, composite bridges have become the most competitive solutions for short and medium spans in Europe thanks to the optimised combination of high-end value steel products for structural and concrete decking solutions.