For decades, ArcelorMittal has been a partner of steel fabricators involved in composite bridge construction.
Within our full range of products and solutions, many are especially suitable for composite bridges:
- High strength steels - used to design and erect lighter structures, which are more resistant, more economical, and have less of an environmental impact.
- Thick plates - enhanced weldable steels with very high toughness levels in order to ensure robustness and long-life durability whatever the local conditions may be. In addition, they provide savings in welding and erection. Also used for bridge bearing production with improved flatness performances.
- Weathering steels, Indaten® or Arcorox®, require less maintenance during their complete life cycle.
- Sheet piles - for foundations and piles.
- Reinforcement bars - for the concrete decks connected to the steel frame.
- Prefabricated solutions - delivered on site for short and medium spans.
Related news and technical articles
Introducing the new pre-design software Advance Bridge Expert31 May 2021
ArcelorMittal are pleased to announce the release of new software, Advance Bridge Expert, for the pre-design of composite bridges with hot rolled sections. The software has been developed by Graitec with support from ArcelorMittal.Product News
New! 2021 Steel foundation solutions catalogue21 January 2021
The 2021 edition of ArcelorMittal Sheet Piling’s general catalogue ‘Steel foundation solutions’ is now available!This new edition introduces the new HZ 630M profile for HZ-M/AZ combined walls.Website News
New EPD for heavy plates & structural steels4 May 2020
ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products has released a new EPD (Environmental Product Declaration) for heavy plates and structural steels.Product News
Composite steel and concrete bridges are considered as the most robust and competitive solution for medium span road, motorway, and railway bridges. ArcelorMittal provides an extensive set of solutions that meet your project performance requirements.
In the last 20 years, composite bridges have become the most competitive solutions for short and medium spans in Europe thanks to the optimised combination of high-end value steel products for structural and concrete decking solutions.