Organic coated steels
Granite® Silky Shine
Organic coated steels are synonymous with a wide range of colours associated with an endless possibility of surface patterns such as smooth, grained, embossed, textured, or orange peel effect. In addition, several finishes can be achieved: from matt to high gloss and even metallic finishes for interior applications.
In construction, organic coated steels that are applied on metallic substrates are based on:
- Saturated Polyester (SP)
- Polyurethanes (PUR)
- Polyvinyl Fluoride (PVDF)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) paints
Layer thicknesses for external applications range from 25 to 60µm.
Only PVC coatings go up to 200µm, which allows for the possibility of texturing the surface with leather-like embossment.
Our range of ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products outdoor applications include:
- Granite® 25 to 75µm thick paint coating systems with excellent durability performance, corrosion resistance of up to RC5*, and UV resistance of up to RUV5*
- Solano® 200 µm thick paint coating system with excellent durability performance and a corrosion resistance of up to RC5*
Our range of ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products indoor applications includes:
- Estetic® up to 25µm thick paint coating system
* According to the forthcoming revised EN10169 standard
Related news & technical articles
Royal Dutch Mint building makes MIPIM Awards shortlist10 August 2021
Also known as the Dutch Vault, the Royal Dutch Mint in Houten in the Netherlands is one of four buildings shortlisted in the Best Industrial & Logistics Development category for the 2021 MIPIM Awards. The exquisite facade for this iconic building displays high-gloss Granite® Silky Shine from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products.Industry News
ArcelorMittal launches Granite® HDXtreme for extreme climates!13 April 2021
ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products has created a new product designed for use in extreme climates. Granite® HDXtreme is the latest prepainted steel in ArcelorMittal’s organic coated Granite® range. Granite® HDXtreme is uniquely beautiful, resilient against corrosion, sustainable, and can be used in both indoor and outdoor applications. A three-layer coating system provides high levels of protection against UV and corrosion. This enables ArcelorMittal to guarantee the steel’s performance. Granite® HDXtreme comes in a vast palette of colours and three different finishes to make any project unique.Product News
Royal Dutch Mint building wins Infosteel Steel Construction Award3 March 2021
The Royal Dutch Mint building, known as the Dutch Vault, in Houten in the Netherlands has won the People’s Choice Award at the 2020 Infosteel Steel Construction Competition. The spectacular facade for this iconic building was made with high-gloss Granite® Silky Shine from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products.Industry News
Making roof tiles more beautiful and durable: ArcelorMittal and DACHPOLL strengthen cooperation2 December 2020
Steel roofing is a popular choice in the construction and renovation market. The numerous advantages of steel roofing are what make it so convincing.Product News
Granite® Deep Mat
Impressive aesthetics for buildings
As the European leader for organic coated steels (also known as prepainted steels), ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products offers a unique range of products for each application, building, environment, performance requirement, and aesthetic demand.
Moreover, we are continuously improving the potential environmental impacts of our steel grades.
For outdoor applications, our Granite® range and Solano® offer a solution for each component of a building envelope:
- Granite® HDXtreme is the latest prepainted steel in the organic coated range and the most durable organic coating for construction
- Granite® HDX where outstanding resistance to corrosion and colour stability are required
- Granite® Silky Shine is synonymous with elegant finishes for facades
- Granite® Quartz and Granite® Storm for extended durability of your roofing applications combined with exceptional aesthetics
- Granite® Rain provides a robust system for rainwater applications
- Granite® Impression with Granite® Impression Cloudy, Granite® Impression Wood, and Granite® Impression Patina
- Granite® Comfort with outstanding solar reflectance performance
- Granite® Deep Mat with unique deep matt textured finish specially adapted for roofing applications
- Granite® Farm with corrosion resistant coating specifically for agricultural construction
- Granite® HDS for buildings in corrosive environments
- Granite® HFX Cool for standing seam roofs in the cold environments encountered in Northern and Eastern Europe
- Granite® PVDF for architectural buildings in aggressive environments
- Granite® Ultramat specifically for roofing - a high quality and flexible paint system
- Solano® with its special corrosion resistance thanks to a 200 micra coating (ideal for northern climate zones) and leathergrain surface finish
For indoor applications, we suggest our Estetic® range:
- Estetic® BioAir Mat made of a 100% biobased resin which improves indoor air quality
- Estetic® Clean meets the most stringent requirements for cold rooms
- Estetic® Flex for applications that require high flexibility such as HVAC, furniture, etc.
- Estetic® Mat with a light matt finish with excellent resistance to marking
- Estetic® Tex with a grained anti-scratch finish for robust usage
The benefits of ArcelorMittal organic coated steels are numerous for customers, developers, and builders in the construction market:
- Long-term aesthetics and durability of colours: a defined and minimum paint system thickness is compulsory to ensure the beauty of a building.
- Robust and resistant against harsh environment conditions: the thickness of the metallic coating layer is optimised to protect the steel substrate.
- Creative design for complex forms: flexibility and adhesion of the paint are key to allow for smooth processing operations.
- Sustainability: the steel used is manufactured in a safe and environmentally responsible way and free of heavy metals or substances of very high concern (REACH).