Organic coated steels
Granite® Silky Shine
Organic coated steels are synonymous with a wide range of colours associated with an endless possibility of surface patterns such as smooth, grained, embossed, textured, or orange peel effect. In addition, several finishes can be achieved: from matt to high gloss and even metallic finishes for interior applications.
In construction, organic coated steels that are applied on metallic substrates are based on:
- Saturated Polyester (SP)
- Polyurethanes (PUR)
- Polyvinyl Fluoride (PVDF)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) paints
Layer thicknesses for external applications range from 25 to 60µm.
Only PVC coatings go up to 200µm, which allows for the possibility of texturing the surface with leather-like embossment.
Our range of ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products outdoor applications include:
- Granite® 25 to 55µm thick paint coating systems with excellent durability performance, corrosion resistance of up to RC5*, and UV resistance of up to RUV4**
- Solano® Nature 200 µm thick paint coating system with excellent durability performance and a corrosion resistance of up to RC5*
Our range of ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products indoor applications includes:
- Estetic® up to 25µm thick paint coating system
* According to the EN10169 standard
** According to the EN10169-2 standard
Granite® Deep Mat
Related news & technical articles
New Granite® colour palette launched22 October 2019
Check out our new Granite® colour palette!The Granite® family of prepainted steels from ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products offers an outstanding selection of colour, textures, and finishes. Whether you need a high gloss finish or an extremely tactile surface, Granite® has what you are looking for.Product News
Gold Medal for Granite® Ultramat30 April 2019
Granite® Ultramat is the latest addition to ArcelorMittal’s Granite® range of pre-painted steels for outdoor building applications. It has an ultra-modern organic coating and allows for the formation of the most difficult shapes of roofing products, even at low temperatures. Manufactured in the Polish ArcelorMittal steelworks of Swietochlowice as well as in Eisehüttenstadt, Germany, it has recently been awarded an MTP Gold Medal, one of the most recognisable awards on the Polish market.Product News
Why choose ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products' organic coated steel?
Today, organic coated steel offers exceptional economic and technological advantages, explaining its extraordinary success story in construction.Article
Polish roofing producer puts Granite® Ultramat to the test16 April 2019
Blachdom Plus, a producer of steel roofing solutions in Poland, has tested Granite® Ultramat from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products. This is not the first time the company has run real-life production tests on new products from ArcelorMittal. For Blachdom Plus, trials such as this give them early access to solutions that will be attractive to their customers and a competitive advantage when it comes to understanding the technical performance of the material.Product News
Keeping your family safe and 9 more reasons to opt for a steel roof25 March 2019
Nowadays we personalise everything… Our cars, our furniture, so why not the roof over our head? Steel roofing solutions are growing in popularity as architects, designers, and homeowners seek out modern alternatives to traditional materials.Product News
Impressive aesthetics for buildings
As the European leader for organic coated steels (also known as prepainted steels), ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products offers a unique range of products for each application, building, environment, performance requirement, and aesthetic demand.
Moreover, we are continuously improving the potential environmental impacts of our steel grades. Most of our organic coated products have been certified with ECCA Premium® labelling.
For outdoor applications, our Granite® range and Solano® Nature offer a solution for each component of a building envelope:
- Granite® HDX where outstanding resistance to corrosion and colour stability are required
- Granite® Silky Shine is synonymous with elegant finishes for facades
- Granite® Quartz and Granite® Storm for extended durability of your roofing applications combined with exceptional aesthetics
- Granite® Rain provides a robust system for rainwater applications
- Granite® Impression with Granite® Impression Cloudy, Granite® Impression Wood and Granite® Impression Agate
- Granite® Comfort with outstanding solar reflectance performance
- Granite® Deep Mat with unique deep matt textured finish specially adapted for roofing applications
- Granite® Farm with corrosion resistant coating specifically for agricultural construction
- Granite® HDS for buildings in corrosive environments
- Granite® HFX Cool for standing seam roofs in the cold environments encountered in Northern and Eastern Europe
- Granite® PVDF for architectural buildings in aggressive environments
- Granite® Ultramat specifically for roofing - a high quality and flexible paint system
- Solano® Nature with its special corrosion resistance thanks to a 200 micra coating (ideal for northern climate zones) and leathergrain surface finish
For indoor applications, we suggest our Estetic® range:
- Estetic® BioAir Mat made of a 100% biobased resin which improves indoor air quality
- Estetic® Clean meets the most stringent requirements for cold rooms
- Estetic® Flex for applications that require high flexibility such as HVAC, furniture, etc.
- Estetic® Mat with a light matt finish with excellent resistance to marking
- Estetic® Tex with a grained anti-scratch finish for robust usage
ArcelorMittal is the first steel producer to be granted a new label by the European Coil Coating Association (ECCA). The ECCA Premium® label ensures the quality and sustainability of pre-painted metals for outdoor applications. The ECCA developed this to differentiate between quality products that meet high European standards and inferior imports that do not.
The benefits of the ECCA Premium® Quality and Sustainability label are numerous for customers, developers, and builders in the construction market:
- Long-term aesthetics and durability of colours: a defined and minimum paint system thickness is compulsory to ensure the beauty of a building.
- Robust and resistant against harsh environment conditions: the thickness of the metallic coating layer is optimised to protect the steel substrate.
- Creative design for complex forms: flexibility and adhesion of the paint are key to allow for smooth processing operations.
- Sustainability: the steel used is manufactured in a safe and environmentally responsible way; free of heavy metals or substances of very high concern (REACH). Therefore, ECCA Premium® contributes to green building labels.