Organic Coated Steels
Related News and Articles
ArcelorMittal Online Toolbox Steel Envelope: Choose the Appropriate Steel Coating for Your Needs12 January 2015
On their website Steel Envelope, ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products present their extensive coating offer for façades, roofing, framing and interior applications. Specially designed for architects, the tool's user friendly structure helps you identify the appropriate coating for your needs, based on their aesthetic qualities and technical properties.Product News
Introducing NATURE: ArcelorMittal's new range of sustainable organic coated steels7 December 2011
For the past 15 years, ArcelorMittal has been developing and testing a new range of organic coated steels which fulfil steel's promise as a strong and durable building material.Product News
Updated Environmental Product Declaration for the Granite® and Estetic® Ranges15 December 2014
ArcelorMittal has updated the Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) for organic coated steel coils Granite® and Estetic® and an independent company certified conformity with ISO 14040/44 and EN 15804 standards. This demonstrates the high efficiency of these innovative steel solutions for sustainable buildings and helps ArcelorMittal customers to gain credits for sustainability certifications like LEED or BREEAM.Product News
Organic coated steels are synonymous with a wide range of colours associated with an endless possibility of surface patterns such as smooth, grained, embossed, textured, or orange peel effect. In addition, several finishes can be achieved: from matt to high gloss and even metallic finishes for interior applications.
In construction, organic coated steels that are applied on metallic substrates are based on:
- Saturated Polyester (SP)
- Polyurethanes (PUR)
- Polyvinyl Fluoride (PVDF)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) paints
Layer thicknesses for external applications range from 25 to 60µm.
Only PVC coatings go up to 200µm, which allows for the possibility of texturing the surface with leather-like embossment.
Our range of ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products outdoor applications include:
- Granite® 25 to 55µm thick paint coating systems with excellent durability performance, corrosion resistance of up to RC5*, and UV resistance of up to RUV4**
- Solano® Nature 200 µm thick paint coating system with excellent durability performance and a corrosion resistance of up to RC5*
Our range of ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products indoor applications includes:
- Estetic® up to 25µm thick paint coating system
* According to the EN10169 standard
** According to the EN10169-2 standard
Granite® Deep Mat
Granite® Silky Mat
Granite® Silky Shine
Impressive Aesthetics for Buildings
As the European leader for organic coated steels (also known as prepainted steels), ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products offers a unique range of products for each application, building, environment, performance requirement, and aesthetic demand.
Moreover, we are continuously improving the potential environmental impacts of our steel grades. Most of our organic coated products have been certified with ECCA Premium® labelling.
For outdoor applications, our Granite® range offers a solution for each component of a building envelope:
- Granite® HDX where outstanding resistance to corrosion and colour stability are required
- Granite® Silky Shine and Granite® Silky Mat are synonymous with elegant finishes for facades
- Granite® Quartz and Granite® Storm for extended durability of your roofing applications combined with exceptional aesthetics
- Granite® Rain provides a robust system for rainwater applications
- Granite® Impression with Granite® Impression Snake & Elephant, Granite® Impression Cloudy, Granite® Impression Wood and Granite® Impression Agate
For indoor applications, we suggest our Estetic® range.
ArcelorMittal is the first steel producer to be granted a new label by the European Coil Coating Association (ECCA). The ECCA Premium® label ensures the quality and sustainability of pre-painted metals for outdoor applications. The ECCA developed this to differentiate between quality products that meet high European standards and inferior imports that do not.
The benefits of the ECCA Premium® Quality and Sustainability label are numerous for customers, developers, and builders in the construction market:
- Long-term aesthetics and durability of colours: a defined and minimum paint system thickness is compulsory to ensure the beauty of a building.
- Robust and resistant against harsh environment conditions: the thickness of the metallic coating layer is optimised to protect the steel substrate.
- Creative design for complex forms: flexibility and adhesion of the paint are key to allow for smooth processing operations.
- Sustainability: the steel used is manufactured in a safe and environmentally responsible way; free of heavy metals or substances of very high concern (REACH). Therefore, ECCA Premium® contributes to green building labels.