Organic coated steels
Granite® Silky Shine
Organic coated steels are synonymous with a wide range of colours associated with an endless possibility of surface patterns such as smooth, grained, embossed, textured, or orange peel effect. In addition, several finishes can be achieved: from matt to high gloss and even metallic finishes for interior applications.
In construction, organic coated steels that are applied on metallic substrates are based on:
- Saturated Polyester (SP)
- Polyurethanes (PUR)
- Polyvinyl Fluoride (PVDF)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) paints
Layer thicknesses for external applications range from 25 to 60µm.
Only PVC coatings go up to 200µm, which allows for the possibility of texturing the surface with leather-like embossment.
Our range of ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products outdoor applications include:
- Granite® 25 to 55µm thick paint coating systems with excellent durability performance, corrosion resistance of up to RC5*, and UV resistance of up to RUV4**
- Solano® Nature 200 µm thick paint coating system with excellent durability performance and a corrosion resistance of up to RC5*
Our range of ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products indoor applications includes:
- Estetic® up to 25µm thick paint coating system
* According to the EN10169 standard
** According to the EN10169-2 standard
Related news & technical articles
Making roof tiles more beautiful and durable: ArcelorMittal and DACHPOLL strengthen cooperation2 December 2020
Steel roofing is a popular choice in the construction and renovation market. The numerous advantages of steel roofing are what make it so convincing.Product News
New: Fire certificate for Granite® HDX in metallic colours!30 November 2020
Metallic colours are evermore appreciated by architects – especially in combination with organic coated steels to provide long term durability and aesthetic facades.For the first time, ArcelorMittal has published a fire certificate for prepainted steel in metallic colours: Granite® HDX in metallic shades has successfully been certified as A1!Product News
Ateliers 3S - Downtown chic with Granite®17 November 2020
Ateliers 3S create contemporary looks for urban areas with ArcelorMittal organic coated steels. Bacacier is a leading supplier of steel roofing, cladding, and flooring applications for industrial and commercial buildings in France. In 2012, the company created a new entity – Ateliers 3S – to work closely with architects who were building or refurbishing buildings in the centres of cities around Europe. Using organic coated steels from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products, Ateliers 3S have developed a range of signature products specifically for the urban environment. One of the latest is the New York® range which allows architects to play with shapes and shades using a ‘toolbox’ of solutions.Product News
EPDs for full range of ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products11 August 2020
With our two newest Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) for Hot rolled and Cold rolled steels, ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products is now the only flat products steel producer in the EU with a full set of EPDs for products and solutions, signalling our commitment to sustainable building.Product News
New EDI Light capabilities allow late specifications of colours and coatings7 July 2020
Ever since ArcelorMittal first introduced SteelUser a decade ago, we have continued to develop our digital tools in collaboration with customers. SteelUser itself has evolved to become a multi-platform communication channel, enabling customers to interact with ArcelorMittal via apps, web services, and electronic tools integrated into their business systems. This has made it possible for customers to get production information, send orders directly to ArcelorMittal, and receive invoices and related documents electronically.In a recent project with Polish customer Inter-Max, ArcelorMittal has added the ability to specify the coating and colour of a product late in the order process electronically. Inter-Max, which uses ArcelorMittal’s EDI Light service, now has full transparency over its orders and can respond quickly and efficiently to demands from their own customers.Product News
Granite® Deep Mat
Impressive aesthetics for buildings
As the European leader for organic coated steels (also known as prepainted steels), ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products offers a unique range of products for each application, building, environment, performance requirement, and aesthetic demand.
Moreover, we are continuously improving the potential environmental impacts of our steel grades. Most of our organic coated products have been certified with ECCA Premium® labelling.
For outdoor applications, our Granite® range and Solano® Nature offer a solution for each component of a building envelope:
- Granite® HDX where outstanding resistance to corrosion and colour stability are required
- Granite® Silky Shine is synonymous with elegant finishes for facades
- Granite® Quartz and Granite® Storm for extended durability of your roofing applications combined with exceptional aesthetics
- Granite® Rain provides a robust system for rainwater applications
- Granite® Impression with Granite® Impression Cloudy, Granite® Impression Wood and Granite® Impression Agate
- Granite® Comfort with outstanding solar reflectance performance
- Granite® Deep Mat with unique deep matt textured finish specially adapted for roofing applications
- Granite® Farm with corrosion resistant coating specifically for agricultural construction
- Granite® HDS for buildings in corrosive environments
- Granite® HFX Cool for standing seam roofs in the cold environments encountered in Northern and Eastern Europe
- Granite® PVDF for architectural buildings in aggressive environments
- Granite® Ultramat specifically for roofing - a high quality and flexible paint system
- Solano® Nature with its special corrosion resistance thanks to a 200 micra coating (ideal for northern climate zones) and leathergrain surface finish
For indoor applications, we suggest our Estetic® range:
- Estetic® BioAir Mat made of a 100% biobased resin which improves indoor air quality
- Estetic® Clean meets the most stringent requirements for cold rooms
- Estetic® Flex for applications that require high flexibility such as HVAC, furniture, etc.
- Estetic® Mat with a light matt finish with excellent resistance to marking
- Estetic® Tex with a grained anti-scratch finish for robust usage
ArcelorMittal is the first steel producer to be granted a new label by the European Coil Coating Association (ECCA). The ECCA Premium® label ensures the quality and sustainability of pre-painted metals for outdoor applications. The ECCA developed this to differentiate between quality products that meet high European standards and inferior imports that do not.
The benefits of the ECCA Premium® Quality and Sustainability label are numerous for customers, developers, and builders in the construction market:
- Long-term aesthetics and durability of colours: a defined and minimum paint system thickness is compulsory to ensure the beauty of a building.
- Robust and resistant against harsh environment conditions: the thickness of the metallic coating layer is optimised to protect the steel substrate.
- Creative design for complex forms: flexibility and adhesion of the paint are key to allow for smooth processing operations.
- Sustainability: the steel used is manufactured in a safe and environmentally responsible way; free of heavy metals or substances of very high concern (REACH). Therefore, ECCA Premium® contributes to green building labels.