Organic coated steels
Granite® Silky Shine
Organic coated steels are synonymous with a wide range of colours associated with an endless possibility of surface patterns such as smooth, grained, embossed, textured, or orange peel effect. In addition, several finishes can be achieved: from matt to high gloss and even metallic finishes for interior applications.
In construction, organic coated steels that are applied on metallic substrates are based on:
- Saturated Polyester (SP)
- Polyurethanes (PUR)
- Polyvinyl Fluoride (PVDF)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) paints
Layer thicknesses for external applications range from 25 to 60µm.
Only PVC coatings go up to 200µm, which allows for the possibility of texturing the surface with leather-like embossment.
Our range of ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products outdoor applications include:
- Granite® 25 to 75µm thick paint coating systems with excellent durability performance, corrosion resistance of up to RC5*, and UV resistance of up to RUV5*
- Solano® 200 µm thick paint coating system with excellent durability performance and a corrosion resistance of up to RC5*
Our range of ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products indoor applications includes:
- Estetic® up to 25µm thick paint coating system
* According to the forthcoming revised EN10169 standard
Related news & technical articles
New Oui Care headquarters wins SIMI 2021 Grand Prix15 December 2021
The winners of the SIMI 2021 Grand Prix, sponsored by Groupama Immobilier, were announced on 8 December 2021. One of the prizes, for constructions built between September 2020 and September 2021, was awarded to the new headquarters of Oui Care. The headquarters, located in Le Mans, France, took the prize in the New Office Building of 10 000 m2 or Greater category.Industry News
XCarb® green steel certificates: benefitting the end user30 November 2021
The successful transformation of the steel industry includes zero-emissions steel products being accepted by the end user – and green steel certificates are an important part of this mission.Product News
Epco inspires with XCarb® green steel certificates16 November 2021
Epco, a leading producer of insulated panels for garage, commercial, and industrial doors, has recently purchased XCarb® green steel certificates from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products with the Granite® organic coated steel used in its products.“ArcelorMittal’s XCarb® green steel certificates will help us orient the door market towards a greener future,” says Luc De Deygere, CEO of Epco. “We see the certificates as a major opportunity for all involved.”Product News
Outstanding standing seam roofs with Granite® HFX Cool Matt and Magnelis®20 October 2021
Across Europe, standing seam roofs are a key feature in the landscape of many cities and towns. Made from flexible metals, they are an ideal solution for the odd-shaped roofs of apartment blocks and public buildings where every millimetre of space under the roof is utilised. The standing seam provides a high level of resistance to wind and excellent watertightness, making it a popular roofing solution today. Organic coated steels such as the Granite® HFX Cool range from ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products offer the necessary pliability, combined with a hard-wearing finish that is guaranteed for up to 20 years. Bevego, a leading provider of roofing solutions and equipment for the Swedish market, recently started utilising the latest product in the range – Granite® HFX Cool Matt.Product News
Granite® Deep Mat
Impressive aesthetics for buildings
As the European leader for organic coated steels (also known as prepainted steels), ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products offers a unique range of products for each application, building, environment, performance requirement, and aesthetic demand.
Moreover, we are continuously improving the potential environmental impacts of our steel grades.
For outdoor applications, our Granite® range and Solano® offer a solution for each component of a building envelope:
- Granite® HDXtreme is the latest prepainted steel in the organic coated range and the most durable organic coating for construction
- Granite® HDX where outstanding resistance to corrosion and colour stability are required
- Granite® Silky Shine is synonymous with elegant finishes for facades
- Granite® Quartz and Granite® Storm for extended durability of your roofing applications combined with exceptional aesthetics
- Granite® Rain provides a robust system for rainwater applications
- Granite® Impression with Granite® Impression Cloudy, Granite® Impression Wood, and Granite® Impression Patina
- Granite® Comfort with outstanding solar reflectance performance
- Granite® Deep Mat with unique deep matt textured finish specially adapted for roofing applications
- Granite® Farm with corrosion resistant coating specifically for agricultural construction
- Granite® HDS for buildings in corrosive environments
- Granite® HFX Cool for standing seam roofs in the cold environments encountered in Northern and Eastern Europe
- Granite® PVDF for architectural buildings in aggressive environments
- Granite® Ultramat specifically for roofing - a high quality and flexible paint system
- Solano® with its special corrosion resistance thanks to a 200 micra coating (ideal for northern climate zones) and leathergrain surface finish
For indoor applications, we suggest our Estetic® range:
- Estetic® BioAir Mat made of a 100% biobased resin which improves indoor air quality
- Estetic® Clean meets the most stringent requirements for cold rooms
- Estetic® Flex for applications that require high flexibility such as HVAC, furniture, etc.
- Estetic® Mat with a light matt finish with excellent resistance to marking
- Estetic® Tex with a grained anti-scratch finish for robust usage
The benefits of ArcelorMittal organic coated steels are numerous for customers, developers, and builders in the construction market:
- Long-term aesthetics and durability of colours: a defined and minimum paint system thickness is compulsory to ensure the beauty of a building.
- Robust and resistant against harsh environment conditions: the thickness of the metallic coating layer is optimised to protect the steel substrate.
- Creative design for complex forms: flexibility and adhesion of the paint are key to allow for smooth processing operations.
- Sustainability: the steel used is manufactured in a safe and environmentally responsible way and free of heavy metals or substances of very high concern (REACH).